Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexander hasn't fought because he was addicted to pain killers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buddy of mine is balls deep in oxy. BALLS DEEP!!!

So hopefully he gets control of it and resumes life

Comment

90% of doctors are thugs and hoodlums!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Thx for posting that. Devon is one of these guys who I saw great talent in but he failed to live up to expectations. There was something lacking in his mental game.
        Awful to hear about the painkiller thing. I used to work in a rehab clinic and it would tear your heart to see the kind of people that get fked over by prescription meds. I'm talking, sweet old grandmas, guys that worked hard their whole lives and always avoided substances, etc. Brutal stuff. Hope Alexander is really pulling it together and not just talking. Many people spend years relapsing.
        Great post green k sent

Comment

Good ol Percocet

Comment

Crazy thing is, after all the Maidana fans talking about an "off night", "wouldn't happen again", we find out that Alexander couldn't breathe and had a blood clot up his sniffer.

Comment

He's not wrong - and it's refreshing to hear his honest tale about his struggles and the reality of painkiller addiction.

It's a universal problem unfortunately. I am not an athlete of any sort anymore - just trying my best to keep fit - but have recently discovered I have a form of spinal arthritis that will be with me for life. My pain management plan is very short sighted - daily use of Tramadol and Nortriptyline to deal with the pain, and when I'm feeling uneasy about the length of time using Tramadol, switch to Codeine.

Unfortunately, this creates a world of problems in itself - and once these drugs lose their effect (tolerance is a very real thing), the only solution is to progress - morphine, Oxy's etc.

And this is in New Zealand, not just US.

It's a very sad cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
                He's not wrong - and it's refreshing to hear his honest tale about his struggles and the reality of painkiller addiction.

It's a universal problem unfortunately. I am not an athlete of any sort anymore - just trying my best to keep fit - but have recently discovered I have a form of spinal arthritis that will be with me for life. My pain management plan is very short sighted - daily use of Tramadol and Nortriptyline to deal with the pain, and when I'm feeling uneasy about the length of time using Tramadol, switch to Codeine.

Unfortunately, this creates a world of problems in itself - and once these drugs lose their effect (tolerance is a very real thing), the only solution is to progress - morphine, Oxy's etc.

And this is in New Zealand, not just US.

It's a very sad cycle.
                Hey bro I would recommend acetaminophen
                it's a stronger tylenol
                Last edited by aldo5408; 09-27-2016, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                  Hey bro I would recommend acetomiphoen it's a stronger tylenol
                  Thanks man - I'll have a look in to.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
                    Thanks man - I'll have a look in to.
                    Also what you can do is break it in half it obviously isn't as strong but it gives you a piece of mind

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                      Hopefully he comes back. Don't forget at his best he destroyed Maidana. He could easily beat Broner
                      No link though? lol.

Thanks for posting though, sad to hear, hope he gets his life together.

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      Crazy thing is, after all the Maidana fans talking about an "off night", "wouldn't happen again", we find out that Alexander couldn't breathe and had a blood clot up his sniffer.

To be fair, it wouldn't happen again, but not because of an "off-night", (I consider that a petty excuse for any fighter) but because of how he transformed as a fighter under Garcia.

Comment

Working...
                      X