Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What of Ortiz's intentional headbutt caused the fight to be stopped?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What of Ortiz's intentional headbutt caused the fight to be stopped?

What would you be saying if Ortiz caused the fight to be stopped by opening a cut when he intentionally headbutted Floyd? I think a lot of people are forgetting that this whole sequence of events was started by Ortiz and his dirty unsportsman like move.

*....... if

Comment

we would have seen a rematch..thats all..i would be piss also..waste my fawkin$$ but good thing i didnt buy it this time...

Comment

Comment

what would've happened if after Ortiz got the point deduced and went in for a hug he threw a uppercut and literally decapitated Floyd's head off? Floyd is lucky that Ortiz has class and was genuinely sorry and also lucky that Cortez gave him a fast count

Comment

Victor Ortiz could have easily been DQ'd...that was straight thuggery.......

How is it that if one of your cornerman jumps onto the apron, its a automatic DQ, yet if deliberately headbutt an opponent, you get just a 1 point deduction.......

Comment

If that happened then Ortiz should have been dq'd. I still think Ortiz should get a suspension for that blatant headbutt. The whole fight should be a no contest, and the championship should be vacant.

Comment

Originally posted by -KPB- View Post

Victor Ortiz could have easily been DQ'd...that was straight thuggery.......

How is it that if one of your cornerman jumps onto the apron, its a automatic DQ, yet if deliberately headbutt an opponent, you get just a 1 point deduction.......
                It is?

I guess Floyds fights have different rules. He can elbow, cheat on the scales, sucker punch and even have his corner jump into the ring for him without any repercussions.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                  What would you be saying if Ortiz caused the fight to be stopped by opening a cut when he intentionally headbutted Floyd? I think a lot of people are forgetting that this whole sequence of events was started by Ortiz and his dirty unsportsman like move.
                  if ortiz's headbutt ended the fight everyone would be raggin on ortiz!

shiet, ortiz is just as much scum as wifebeater for pulling that trick.

if wifebeater battled throught he headbutt/cut, people would be giving wifebeater all kinds of props

Comment

Originally posted by SuckerPunch4KO View Post
                    It is?

I guess Floyds fights have different rules. He can elbow, cheat on the scales, sucker punch and even have his corner jump into the ring for him without any repercussions.
                    Lol........

If you want to bring up that fight then yes, buy the rules, Floyd should have been DQ'd....I would have no problem with Floyd getting DQ'd.........in this situation though, Roger got sanctioned because he ran into the ring, not Floyd........

What I was trying to get at is that an action from one of your cornerman can result in a DQ, yet a fighter carrying out an action deliberately off his own back gets a one point deduction........

Comment

Working...
                    X