No announcement yet.

Zab Judah just doesn't have the killer instinct to make noise

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zab Judah just doesn't have the killer instinct to make noise

Judah just doesn't have it. He has the skills but the desire is just no there to really do something BIG. He lost last night, and infact lost the last 3 rounds badly, i'd even give 10-8 rounds in favour of Lucas it was that bad. Judah straight up didn't want to fight in those late rounds, when he's hurt, he throws nothing. Judah is on his way to getting destroyed sometime soon, he just doesn't have heart to become champion again.

Zab is a good fighter but you just have to take him past the first 4 rounds than you'll ok. Matthysse fought a beautiful fight, he never let Zab get set. Whenever Zab get set for his straight left or uppercut, Matthysse would turn Zab so Zab never get set. Beautiful rng generalship by Matthysse.

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
      Zab is a good fighter but you just have to take him past the first 4 rounds than you'll ok. Matthysse fought a beautiful fight, he never let Zab get set. Whenever Zab get set for his straight left or uppercut, Matthysse would turn Zab so Zab never get set. Beautiful rng generalship by Matthysse.
      i completely agree that zab judah no longer has the fire needed to dominate but, you thought matthysse was turning judah? i don't think so, myself. it seemed like judah's strategy to hit and move while matthysse looked for the proper angle to land that heavy right hand.

in fact, judah was not only moving to allow room to box from the outside, he was taking away attack angles better than i've ever seen him do. he was catching the majority of matthysse's punches with that shell-like defense he was using. it was only matthysse's straights to the body and left hooks while judah was turning that were getting through.

this was completely conveyed by the body and head numbers they showed later in the fight.

Comment

nothing to do with Killer Instinct Morons its his stamina 70% of a fight is conditioning Floyd is a very passive fighter and hes p4p 1 or 2......

Comment

Originally posted by LoStranger View Post
          nothing to do with Killer Instinct Morons its his stamina 70% of a fight is conditioning Floyd is a very passive fighter and hes p4p 1 or 2......
          ...you think its conditioning? you think its conditioning that separates floyd mayweather from zab judah? you're oversimplifying.

it's been a long time since zab sought to blast opponents out of there. now, much of his fighting style is trying to catch his opponent with that counter left uppercut as they come in. as it was put last night, "judah is trying to capitalize on his opponent's mistakes instead of creating openings."

he move around and threw jabs all night but rarely put hard left hands behind them even though, if matthysse took them better than expected, matthysse always backed up after being hit by one.

he could have dominated that fight but refused to take the risk of being caught. that shows a lack of, at least, a "kill or be killed" attitude and he still was almost killed.

Comment

judah needs a different trainer

its like he gets more predictable every time he fights training with his dad

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
              judah needs a different trainer

its like he gets more predictable every time he fights training with his dad
              i agree. he looked good when he had eddie mustafah in his camp last fight. i think he really needs to work with a new trainer. maybe roger or jeff mayweather. **** roach would be good for him. i think judah father hurt his career more than judah himself

Comment

Bingo! Finally someone mentioned his pops. That's the problem. Zab is all killer instinct he's just now trying to be a more successful boxer so he toned his "get'em" attitude down. His entire career was killer instinct just not tyson'esque obviously. His problem is the trainer. He needs someone who can complete him. No ****

Comment

Zab will continue to be a threat to all the top fighters out there. I still don't see him beating any of the top guys though.

Comment

Working...
                  X