No announcement yet.

Smells Like Teen Spirit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D_Hook View Post
    The G 'n' R > Nirvana brigade. Y'all on crack. G 'n' R had corny as hell lyrics and Axl Rose just sounds whiny as f.uck when he sings. Nirvana ftw all day long.
    I agree, sir

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
    no you dont

but yes....GNR > Nirvana
    lmaooo

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
    GNR and Nirvana are great bands but The Doors smokes both of them easliy.
    really? I'll look into The Doors.

Comment

Damn right the Doors smokes them. There's just something missing from more modern bands, I can't quite put my finger on it. The Doors (and the Who, and Led Zep, and the Beatles, and the Kinks, insert your favorite 60s-70s band here) were more consistantly great I think, while bands like GNR and Nirvana just have flashes of brilliance from time to time.

Comment

If you want to listen to The Doors I suggest listening to their self titled debut album first and then Strange Days. The two most accessible and best albums by them I think.

Comment

c'mon C...we're talkin about gatti and ward and you come in here and bring up hagler...Doors, that's not even debatable

Comment

GNR all day long over Nirvana... Both bands were very good, but I gotta go with GNR simply for the musicianship they displayed. They were more diverse, and lets face it Slash is a ****ing beast on the guitar. One must only listen to November Rain to see that they were not to be ****ed with!

I agree with old dude that the Doors are bad ass.... They are indeed one of the best, but the best rock group of all time is Led Zep.

No questions asked... Just let the Led out bitches!

Comment

Can someone please explain the lyrics to this song? Because quite frankly they make f.uck all sense!

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
                Can someone please explain the lyrics to this song? Because quite frankly they make f.uck all sense!
                there's different ways to interpret the lyrics

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post

It’s a bhuddist prayer translated into english

Comment

Listen to Weird Al's version, the lyrics are more decipherable

Comment

How the **** can anyone compare The Doors to 2 90's hard rock bands?? The music is so completly different. The Doors were good, but i dont see the comparison.

Love Nirvana, but i never got into Teen Spirit. Even now the song does nothing for me. It was played soooo much i think im just immune to it.

I prefer the heavy noise of In Utero.

Comment

Working...
                      X