Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Sr: My Son 'Did Not Train' for the McGregor Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
    Fighting a guy who has never box professionally and was getting hit in the process and took 10 rounds to end it? Yeah, that was a poor performance.
    Sorry but Floyd always has a method to his madness and guys like you who just criticize and make excuses are pros at that. You're a 10 year vet at this, lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by DblLFThooK View Post
      I believe it. At least it has been said he did not spare for a whole month before the fight just so his hand could heal. He wanted strong hands for the fight. People hate too hard on floyd. But thats what people do. Hate people that are successful. If you are great at something chances are you will be hated because of your greatness. Usually only other successful people appreciate greatness because they know what it is like to be successful and strive for greatness but never reach that elite level.
      Originally posted by elcashanilla View Post
      that was after the horrific May vs pac fight so tell me what were floyd PPV numbers before he fought de lahoya or his PPV buys vs maidana or guerrero or berto LOL
      900k for Guerrero. 450k for Berto I think. Those were the lowest ones. Who else in boxing does numbers like that versus that respective level of opponent. You're LOLn while proving the guys point. There is a reason why Golovkin said Mayweather was his dream fight. $$$

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
        I don't buy that for a second, may have not trained to Sr.'s content but I'm sure he trained hard. Mayweather had everything to lose in this fight and nothing to gain.
        He said on The Herd with Colin Cowherd, that he was mad that Floyd wasn't training enough. Probably just talking trash

Comment

MC Plastic said he was told Floyd is not training, that he is all over the place and night clubbing, LA one day Vegas the next.

Ive got no doubt he trained lightly for this fight, no different to Manny fighting Horn if people think he trained for that like he did fighting Floyd they don't know boxing and how the old top guys need to get up for a fight to put in maximum effort.

The top fighters could do 12 rounds of the street because they have a very high acquired fitness from all the years of training, Pauli did 12 with Connor on a few days notice with no work what so ever .

Comment

Lol at them trying to save face after being dominated by an "MMA guy" for the first 3 rounds. Floyd you embarrassed yourself and were in fight shape. You underestimated the range of Mcgregor from the southpaw stance. You got out boxed over 3 rounds. You are exactly like Manny Pacquiao. Excuses, excuses, excuses. Retire and go away before Spence, Thurman or Crawford knock your old ass out.

Comment

Originally posted by elcashanilla View Post
              that was after the horrific May vs pac fight so tell me what were floyd PPV numbers before he fought de lahoya or his PPV buys vs maidana or guerrero or berto LOL
              Fisrt three were between 300k - 400k

Maidana (both) were between 900k - 1 million

Ortiz was 1.2 million

Guerrero was 950k - 1.1 million

Berto was 350k - 450k

It's still a higher average than any other boxer from this time period. If we only include these fights.

Conservatively, if we take the low end of his ranges it averages out to 650k in PPVs. That beats anybody else since the year 2000, against opponents who were not adequate B-sides (PPV caliber)
              Last edited by Butch.McRae; 09-08-2017, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                He'd still be 50-0 and the richest boxer ever who beat 23 World Champions.
                yea, and you wouldn't need to pretend there was something impressive about that fight...it would've been genuinely impressive.

Comment

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?ti...r-View_History

Comment

I also felt the same. he wasnt training: no clips, no nothing almost.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
                      Lol at them trying to save face after being dominated by an "MMA guy" for the first 3 rounds. Floyd you embarrassed yourself and were in fight shape. You underestimated the range of Mcgregor from the southpaw stance. You got out boxed over 3 rounds. You are exactly like Manny Pacquiao. Excuses, excuses, excuses. Retire and go away before Spence, Thurman or Crawford knock your old ass out.
                      My friend from the first gong some ppl here thought that Floyd was letting him waste his energy and Connor was really appetent to do that, appreciated that.
                      In rounds 2,3,4 we've seen Floyd just targeting him on the abdomen to fatigue him and did nothing else. Progressively his abdomen gave up and we saw Connor backing up and bending down each time Floyd sent one in the abdomen, bcz it started to hurt him.
                      So, it worked and from the 5th round on Connor was backing up with his mouth wide open, tired.
                      Floyd could easily win it 120,119 had he wanted to be Floyd, but he wanted to KO him after 2 years of inactivity, 10 years of KO drougt.

Comment

Working...
                      X