Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you rate Eminem as lyricist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rate him as one of the top 5...maybe top 3 GOAT. Point. Blank. Period. No debating.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      I can't wait for the NewYorkers to come in here and bring up how he disses Mariah and Nsync while their favorite rappers like "Cassidy" and "Jada Kiss" are real MC's because they bum it in street corners
      I swear you only come in to threads to say something negative bro. Be a bit more positive bretheren, it works wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
        I swear you only come in to threads to say something negative bro. Be a bit more positive bretheren, it works wonders.
        sorry mate, Hatred has consumed me

Comment

Originally posted by led* View Post
          "Isn't it Ironic that the best rappers white and the best golfers black."

He's genius.
          In my opinion the best part of the song is the way he completely eviscerates people's double standard of him when he touches on himself in comparison to other white rappers. Like he said, other dudes like Paul Wall, Bubba Sparxx, even that new **** Machine Gun Kelly never have the fact that they're white brought up in conversation - Because they aren't threats because they suck.

Well, maybe they don't suck (I think they do), but they're not in the conversation as to who the best emcees of all time are.

But whenever you have that conversation it's only a matter of time before some (rightfully) mentions Eminem, and the first thing you hear back in response is that he's "the best white rapper".

Like, WTF? I'm talking rappers period, man. We're not racially segregating emcees here. Nobody says that **** about other non-black GOATs like Big Pun : "Oh, he was the best Puerto Rican rapper."

Double standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrel View Post
            What?
            you snuck in with a post. that track above was ridiculous.

Comment

"Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby" back in 1989!!! 40 Million Copys World Wide...and as of today no rap artist has topped that!"

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                In my opinion the best part of the song is the way he completely eviscerates people's double standard of him when he touches on himself in comparison to other white rappers. Like he said, other dudes like Paul Wall, Bubba Sparxx, even that new **** Machine Gun Kelly never have the fact that they're white brought up in conversation - Because they aren't threats because they suck.

Well, maybe they don't suck (I think they do), but they're not in the conversation as to who the best emcees of all time are.

But whenever you have that conversation it's only a matter of time before some (rightfully) mentions Eminem, and the first thing you hear back in response is that he's "the best white rapper".

Like, WTF? I'm talking rappers period, man. We're not racially segregating emcees here. Nobody says that **** about other non-black GOATs like Big Pun : "Oh, he was the best Puerto Rican rapper."

Double standards.
                Em is a monster.

The thought process that goes into these songs is next level.

But sadly, 'cause he white, he'll never get the full cred. Truth.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                  you snuck in with a post. that track above was ridiculous.
                  Damn. I thought we were close.

It's cool.

Comment

Hes Top 5 dead or alive

Comment

Eminem is easily one the top lyricist of the modern era. He is right up there with Tupac and Jay Z imo. He is easily the best lyricist out at the moment imo.
                      Last edited by $tate of Mind; 01-28-2013, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X