Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much longer can Errol Spence make weight at 147lbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much longer can Errol Spence make weight at 147lbs?

The dude is huge for welterweight and has fought at welterweight since he was a amateur (152 lbs in amateur is welterweight). Especially now that he’s rich and has been gaining a lot of weight during fights. Let’s jot forget the fact he is about to be 29 yrs old and as you get older you can’t cut weight as easy as when you where young. I think 2019 might be the last year at Welterweight. Thoughts?

How much longer can he avoid VADA?

Comment

Spence can make weight until he get tested for PEDs.

Comment

I hope he is forced to move up.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
          How much longer can he avoid VADA?
          Making an accusation with no proof?

Comment

As long as he is comfortable. Dudes act like he is struggling with it. Not to mention he holds the IBF title, so I'm sure once weight becomes a problem or he unifies the titles he will move up

Comment

As long as he can. I don't think there are any fights that have the potential to pay him as much as Thurman or Bud at 154.

So his biggest paydays are still there so he'll stay at 147 til he absolute can't anymore & loses the belt on the scales or til he gets one or both of those fights. And I tend to think it'll take til sometime in 2020 to get either of those fights so I suspect he needs to stay at 147 another 12-18 months (Nov. 2019-May 2020) & probably 24-30 months (Nov. 2020-May 2021) if he wants both.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                Making an accusation with no proof?
                and you defend him with the same amount of proof.

in this day and age when most top fighters (like Crawford) test, Spence casts suspicion on himself for refusing.

Comment

I've been saying this lately on here...... it will always be a question mark when he fights, especially now he is late 20's and will start struggling at any time.

Comment

Last fight Jun 2018
                    Next fight Mar 2019

Not fighting 3 times per year is helping him stay at 147

Comment

Working...
                    X