Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2007 Kelly Pavlik vs Gennady Golovkin: Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Kelly Pavlik vs Gennady Golovkin: Who Wins?

VS

Who Wins?
    The Ghost
    34.42%
    GGG
    65.58%

Pavlik only ever had problems with slick boxers AND he had a great chin. He eats GGG's punches & knocks him out with that straight right.

Comment

I actually think Pavlick would win this one.

I don't think Pavlick would have any problem with meeting GGG in the center of the ring, and banging it out with him, and we saw what Ouma was able to do when you stand toe to toe with GGG.

Pavlick is way stronger, more durable, and hits a ton harder than Ouma.

And if Pavlick actually backs up GGG, the fight's essentially over.

Comment

Blood bath... and Pavlik is only 4 days older than Golovkin

Comment

Oh the fans win for sure, that would be one hell of a fight Pavlik is a little easier to hit and JT managed to drop him though his power is underrated because he is a terrible finisher and GGG will land but GGG is not hard to find either. I see a war of attrition and whoever is most durable wins kind of like Pavlik/Miranda though Pavlik could have jabbed more at long range and made the fight easier on himself but just rather broke Miranda down.

Comment

Until GGG does more than watch a war in a movie I'm picking Pavlik. We know what Kelly was made of. The former not so much.

Comment

I think Pavlik based on height and reach. With that his jab could have been key. GGG footwork is textbook but a rangy powerful educated jab could have negated that if Pavlik was in top form and had his confidence. Who knows though they are both spiteful punchers.

Comment

Originally posted by luke1979 View Post
                I think Pavlik based on height and reach. With that his jab could have been key. GGG footwork is textbook but a rangy powerful educated jab could have negated that if Pavlik was in top form and had his confidence. Who knows though they are both spiteful punchers.
                Pavlik's reach is only half an inch longer.

Comment

Is this a joke thread? GGG and it's not even close.

Comment

Pavlik's height/reach, power, and come forward style would be too much

Comment

Working...
                    X