Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does a unified champion with 4 belts in 22 fights get called a duck?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
    Lolx.... You have got no facts but propaganda and you want me to take you serious? It's a joke analysis you made there bro.

When you make a better analysis that is unbiased I will respond to you swiftly.
    Everything I said was factual, Rook.

Here's the original quote you had no factual reply to:

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
    One belt came from a guy who won it due to his opponent injuring himself in the fight.

Two belts were vacants, thrown in to further hype a fight with a 40 year old coming off a 2 year layoff.

One belt came from a snore fest against a champion who just might not have been as good as some thought.

Careful management to 4 belts doesn't mean the fighter is proven, especially when only one of them came in the ring vs a legit beltholder.

So, when folk hear that this 4 belt guy turned down a guaranteed 50 Million or that the 4 belt guy is lowballing the guy he probably should be paying the most of any of his championship fight opponents (since it will be THE biggest most lucrative fight either guy has ever had), well then...some folks might get the idea that 4 belt guy doesn't really want the fight, or at least his management doesn't.
    First, I was being nice by not pointing out how fanboy it is of you to say "4 belts". AJ has 3 of the 4 major recognized belts. The IBO is not major belt, was vacant at the time, and was thrown in with the vacant WBA belt for the Klitschko fight. AJ's WBA and IBO belts did not come by defeating a champion in the ring that entered the ring wearing them. They came by AJ beating a 40+ year old ex-champion who had looked vulnerable a good 2 years prior and had actually lost his belts in the ring vs Fury. Yet, Wlad was so confident of defeating Joshua that he insisted (along with Hearn) that they be up for grabs in the fight.

Next, the IBF. Glazkov was supposed to fight Wilder in Jan. 2016. But, when he found out he could fight Martin instead for the vacant IBF title (Wlad had opted for his rematch clause vs Fury which would lead to a vacant belt) he ducked the Wilder fight. He then injured himself in the fight with Martin, who won on a technical TKO since Glazkov couldn't continue after 3. It was considered a huge step up in class for Martin who was not expected to win vs Glazkov. But, he lucked out and immediately parlayed that luck into a fight with Joshua. Martin has never beat any notable heavyweight, much less an elite or even 2nd tier one.

Martin cashed out his IBF belt.

Last but not least, the WBO belt owned by Parker. Parker's biggest claims to fame are as follows: going 12 with Takam (who AJ needed a controversial stoppage against while Chisora knocked him flat after them), going 12 with Ruiz (in a fight some though he lost), and going 12 with Hughie Fury (who just lost in much more decisive fashion to Kubrat Pulev, a second or third tier guy). And of course, Parker has a loss to Dillian Whyte (again, controversial against another guy who may or may not be elite).

AJ fought one of the most boring fights in history vs Parker, but got the decision...but the jury is still very much out on Parker yet Joseph is the only man AJ actually took a belt off of in the ring that can be considered decent.

Now, if this isn't carefully managed to you son, I don't know what else to tell you.

School is done here.
    Last edited by koolkc107; 11-19-2018, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by famicommander View Post
      IBO lineage since the millennium:
      Lennox Lewis
      Hasim Rahman
      Lennox Lewis
      Wladimir Klitchsko
      Tyson Fury
      Anthony Joshua

And I won't even bother with the WBA's Super/Regular nonsense.

There are a lot of weight classes where the IBO belt is lower than garbage. Heavyweight ain't one of them.

There are no Charles Martins or Joe Parkers or Bermane Stivernes on the IBO list.
      While this is a very good point as far as the lineage, that still doesn't make the IBO a major belt.

And it doesn't make calling AJ a "4 belt champion" accurate either.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        That's because they don't charge a sanctioning fee at heavyweight. They gift the title to the recognized champion, who gladly carries their belt because it tricks stupid fans into thinking they have more world titles than they really do.

You and I both know the IBO isn't a world championship. So AJ fans should stop lying. AJ has three world titles. VERY VERY IMPRESSIVE. There's no need to lie and say he has four.
        Don't pretend you didn't see the lineage.
        You are very good in lining. Everybody knows you on this platform.

Comment

• So let’s clear this up now.

There are four major belts that most boxing fans widely recognise as ‘legitimate’ world titles. These are the WBA, WBC, IBF and WBO titles...

...Another belt that receives a lot of criticism is the IBO.

The IBO use a controversial computerised rankings system which gives boxing fans an excuse to pour scorn over their title, but the truth is that most fans won’t accept the IBO because four titles is more than enough.

We can’t just have any Tom, Dick, or Harry turning up, making a sanctioning body and crowning a new world champion.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/43889...is-eubank-jnr/

Comment

• Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
            I don't care what wilder boys say. If wilder wants to prove something, the contract is there for him.

Hez always afraid to dare to be great. 15mil is enough incentives to dare to be the undisputed, what ever excuses he line up is ******.

Yep that is the ducking tactic they are going with.

Quite pathetic from Joshua

Comment

• Originally posted by CrowsNestWest View Post
              Nah son, Ortiz is younger, and neither guys has great resume. A 315 athletic HW is scary dude, or they'd have fought him already. Please stop insinuating a 42 YO Wlad is the same as a 30 YO Wlad.
              AJ has earned his belts, but he's has some convenience work in his favor.
              Lol Ortiz is six months older 'son', Povetkin has a much better pro resume and is a gold Olympic medalist, Ortiz struggled at Cuban level, look it up for yourself, straight facts.

Where did I say it was a 30 year old Wlad? It might not have been the best version of Wlad ever but it was a damn good one that came to fight unlike for the Fury fight. I can't see many if any other current HWs being able to beat him especially on that night.

Miller might be scary to you but it's 315 of largely fat with no real one punch knock out power and a bum record that's being lined up to get fed to AJ as we speak, to pad out AJ's record. He's not scaring AJ or any other top HW, they fight for a living and live to fight.

Guarantee he gets called a bum and a nobody that did nothing once he gets beat up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amber_TKO View Post
                AJ was a high-profile Olympic Gold Medallist and turned pro with the biggest promoter in the UK. Obviously his progression was gonna be smoother than for a guy like Wilder who didn't have the same amateur background & didn't turn pro with a big promoter or TV deal. AJ had opportunities that Wilder didn't.

To me, it's all kinda irrelevant now anyway - they're both world champions and they took their own routes to get there. Like everybody else I'm bored with the side show & just wish they'd fight.
                But the fact is, team Wilder didnt take step up fights early when they could have. He fought in the Olympics so he didnt need more than 16 fights to step up and could have fought names early on. But again, it took him twice as many fights to get where Joshua was at the same number of fights. I think his team saw enough flaws that they didnt want to take progressive move ups.

Comment

• Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                  Everything I said was factual, Rook.

Here's the original quote you had no factual reply to:

First, I was being nice by not pointing out how fanboy it is of you to say "4 belts". AJ has 3 of the 4 major recognized belts. The IBO is not major belt, was vacant at the time, and was thrown in with the vacant WBA belt for the Klitschko fight. AJ's WBA and IBO belts did not come by defeating a champion in the ring that entered the ring wearing them. They came by AJ beating a 40+ year old ex-champion who had looked vulnerable a good 2 years prior and had actually lost his belts in the ring vs Fury. Yet, Wlad was so confident of defeating Joshua that he insisted (along with Hearn) that they be up for grabs in the fight.

Next, the IBF. Glazkov was supposed to fight Wilder in Jan. 2016. But, when he found out he could fight Martin instead for the vacant IBF title (Wlad had opted for his rematch clause vs Fury which would lead to a vacant belt) he ducked the Wilder fight. He then injured himself in the fight with Martin, who won on a technical TKO since Glazkov couldn't continue after 3. It was considered a huge step up in class for Martin who was not expected to win vs Glazkov. But, he lucked out and immediately parlayed that luck into a fight with Joshua. Martin has never beat any notable heavyweight, much less an elite or even 2nd tier one.

Martin cashed out his IBF belt.

Last but not least, the WBO belt owned by Parker. Parker's biggest claims to fame are as follows: going 12 with Takam (who AJ needed a controversial stoppage against while Chisora knocked him flat after them), going 12 with Ruiz (in a fight some though he lost), and going 12 with Hughie Fury (who just lost in much more decisive fashion to Kubrat Pulev, a second or third tier guy). And of course, Parker has a loss to Dillian Whyte (again, controversial against another guy who may or may not be elite).

AJ fought one of the most boring fights in history vs Parker, but got the decision...but the jury is still very much out on Parker yet Joseph is the only man AJ actually took a belt off of in the ring that can be considered decent.

Now, if this isn't carefully managed to you son, I don't know what else to tell you.

School is done here.
                  I'm in complete agreement with you and others who dismiss the IBO belt for the insignificant belt that it is. The rest of what you wrote is complete BS. Answer honestly would you say the same things about the opponents Joshua has beaten for his belts had it been Wilder?

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                    If he only fought cans, why is he so high in the Boxrec computerized rankings? Why does he have so many more points than anybody other than AJ?
                    He got most of his points for beating Ortiz who I don't classify as a can. I was talking mainly about every fight he had leading to Ortiz.

Also even with the Ortiz win he is still miles behind AJ on boxrec. So what does that tell you? And it is you that is using boxrec points as a measuring stick so don't come up with excuses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Throwingbombs View Post
                      He got most of his points for beating Ortiz who I don't classify as a can. I was talking mainly about every fight he had leading to Ortiz.

Also even with the Ortiz win he is still miles behind AJ on boxrec. So what does that tell you? And it is you that is using boxrec points as a measuring stick so don't come up with excuses.
                      Two can play that game though, AJ got all of his points beating a 41 year old Wlad.

Comment

Working...
                      X