No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO Out of Boxing: Some of Us Will Miss The Voices

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jwalkr View Post
    Lampley & Lederman will be missed. Max & Roy not so much. Would be great if Lampley replaced Mauro on Showtime. THAT would be a great lineup.
    HBO wants him to cover other sports - that's the problem. He should try to get out of his contract though.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
      HBO wants him to cover other sports - that's the problem. He should try to get out of his contract though.
      What other sports? Is HBO gonna start airing others sports or just for Real Sports.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
        What other sports? Is HBO gonna start airing others sports or just for Real Sports.
        I'm not sure exactly. HBO Sports is still a thing - they are just dropping boxing. Lampley will be involved in other HBO shows related to other sports. Probably will have his own Sports show but not covering boxing.

Comment

Downfall of HBO was when they were paying Berto over a million to fight Miguel Angel Rodriguez

Comment

What a great article - the best so far about the loss of HBO. Showtime and ESPN are putting out better, more consistent fights, though no one has the voices of Lampley, Kellerman or Lederman. I hope to see these three commentating somewhere else in the future.

Comment

Hbo had on some of the best fights in the sport. Its bad series was great even better than a lot of ppvs and Bob Papa was a good neutral commentator like the fighters that did commentary there too. But Lampley is the worst commentator I have ever heard and it is one good thing about this seeing that guy out of fight commentary.

Comment

How can u say that?!...he cried during fights for god sake!!! U don’t get more passionate than that....

Comment

I will definitley not miss the arrogant Lampley. The only one I really miss since 2012 is Emanuel Steward! RIP Manny!

Comment

Fook this mayweather hating ass crew

Comment

Nobody miss Ward.

Comment

Working...
                      X