Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2018, 05:57 AM #11
Boxing Logic Boxing Logic is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 2,892
Quoted: 2897 Post(s)
Rep Power: 10
Boxing Logic has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Logic has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Logic has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Logic has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Logic has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Logic has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Logic has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Logic has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Logic has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Logic has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Logic has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,113.36
Bank: 1,020.15
Total Points: 11,133.51
Great post. Keep up the good work. - WTF Huck! knows his stuff - jas You actually look beneath the surface - Nomadic 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldewynde View Post
Iíve never seen stamina issues with GGG, he trains at altitude. Thereís a reason long distance runners train at altitude too, because it increases stamina. Also If you watch the latest media workout GGG looks quicker if anything.
Victor Conte says that training in altitude into your thirties actually ruins your speed and power because as the body ages, it cant repair muscle fibers as quickly, and sleeping at altitude means there is not enough oxygen in the air to fully repair those muscles after a workout. He said the positive effects for stamina also stop happening. He said because the muscle fibers cant fully repair themselves anymore, the body replaces the thin, fast, high twitch, explosive muscle fibers, which also take less oxygen to operate I guess, with thicker, slower muscle that takes more oxygen to use, thus stamina. If you look at GGG's body now compared to in his prime, his muscle is thicker, heavier, and slower. Canelo still has his lean explosive muscle, GGG does not. Seems like Victor Conte is up to date on this science since that's what he does, but Abel, an old school trainer not a chemist, is not up to date. If that's the case, Abel may be ruined GGG by training him in Big Bear and that may be the reason GGG has aged so badly over the last 3-4 years.

So yeah, normally I'd agree with you, but in this case, the opposite of what you're saying may be true.
Boxing Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-01-2018, 06:01 AM #12
Boxing Logic Boxing Logic is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 2,892
Quoted: 2897 Post(s)
Rep Power: 10
Boxing Logic has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Logic has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Logic has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Logic has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Logic has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Logic has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Logic has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Logic has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Logic has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Logic has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Logic has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,113.36
Bank: 1,020.15
Total Points: 11,133.51
Great post. Keep up the good work. - WTF Huck! knows his stuff - jas You actually look beneath the surface - Nomadic 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Foxx View Post
I can't think of a fight where Golovkin pressured a strong puncher. He boxes them.
I'd love to see Golovkin pour it on him but I really don't expect it.
Stevens, Lemieux (GGG just started controlled but built the pressure), Murray, Jacobs, Canelo. He pressured all these guys, just couldnt keep the pressure and the crisp punches up against Canelo and Jacobs because GGG has slowed down. I started seeing signs all the way back during the Monroe fight. Hell, BHop, Canelo's own promoter, commentated that GGG-Brook fight for HBO and he said it looks like GGG is old, his punches have nothing on them, they look like arm punches or that he's pushing his punches. So even Canelo's side has admitted he's *****ing old but no one else can. And that's what he saw the whole first GGG-Canelo fight, lots of GGG punches bouncing of Canelo's face like they had nothing on them. GGG is like a pitcher who has completely lost their fastball after tommy john surgery or something. If he threw 100MPH in his prime, I'd say he throws no more than 90 now. That's "just" 10% but anyone who watches baseball knows that's the difference between elite and average.
Boxing Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 06:14 AM #13
Commie Commie is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Germany
Posts: 907
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3
Commie has a reputation beyond reputeCommie has a reputation beyond reputeCommie has a reputation beyond reputeCommie has a reputation beyond reputeCommie has a reputation beyond reputeCommie has a reputation beyond reputeCommie has a reputation beyond reputeCommie has a reputation beyond reputeCommie has a reputation beyond reputeCommie has a reputation beyond reputeCommie has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 6,414.26
Bank: 1,035.38
Total Points: 7,449.64
Default

Gingers chance to survive is clinching and holding for dear life
Commie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 06:22 AM #14
SplitSecond SplitSecond is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 19,207
Quoted: 1786 Post(s)
Rep Power: 57
SplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 24,955.68
Bank: 1,015.08
Total Points: 25,970.76
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier For solid posting - The Surgeon lol - -jose- Suck on this d@ck prick - Boxing Goat 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - McGoorty Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - sugarsmosley 
Default

All Golovkin needs to do is box sharper. Those last few rds is what gave dumbasses excuses, the point of the pressure was trying to work over and stop canelo, but he kept enough strength and stamina to stay fighting till the final bell, golovkin was just as tired as canelo, canelo is a lazy and spoiled brat though, that's the difference. After that war he could have learnt a lot (although he looks physically slower and all round worse than he was the first fight if we're going by the media workout).

Box him like the first 7 rd's of the first fight, start quicker, tighten defense.
SplitSecond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 06:56 AM #15
Redd Foxx Redd Foxx is offline
Hittin' the heavy bag.
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 18,343
Quoted: 11293 Post(s)
Rep Power: 58
Redd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 16,043.65
Bank: 1,020.15
Total Points: 17,063.80
Happy New Year - Freedom. Merry Christmas and All The Best for 2015 - Freedom. Buy another heavy bag, dog. - punchr Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. No Message - stephenmc 
Cheers to a great poster - Sergey Kovalev Even though I often disagree with you, I still enjoy reading your posts.  Here's a beer. - j0zef sit on this, man. it will relax you. best wishes, punchr - punchr No Message - Scott. Weiland Great post, man. - anthonydavid11 
Red's all about quality! - BoxingFan85 No Message - Scott. Weiland Peace out, brother, I was just clowning around. - !! Anorak Happy Easter and sh*t. - DionysusX Cheers! - anthonydavid11 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder LOL - Tony Trick-Pony 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
He came gunning for Stevens, and then punished him. I donít think GGG is too concerned about Canelo power. He shouldnít be, Canelo will need to land a perfect shot, and I donít see it.
GGG was the aggressor the whole Jacobs and Canelo fight, and didnít look gassed at all. He chased both of them.
.
Stevens is not what I would call a strong puncher. The guy is pretty garbage. I'm struggling to recall who he ever beat.
GGG was not a pressure fighter in the Canelo or Jacobs fights. He boxed and was VERY conservative compared to the pressure GGG we have known. He played it smarter and won (or should have won in Canelo's case). GG's pressure is MUCH different. He's a body wrecking beast when he pressures. When he jabs a lot, he's boxing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Logic View Post
Stevens, Lemieux (GGG just started controlled but built the pressure), Murray, Jacobs, Canelo. He pressured all these guys, just couldnt keep the pressure and the crisp punches up against Canelo and Jacobs because GGG has slowed down. I started seeing signs all the way back during the Monroe fight. Hell, BHop, Canelo's own promoter, commentated that GGG-Brook fight for HBO and he said it looks like GGG is old, his punches have nothing on them, they look like arm punches or that he's pushing his punches. So even Canelo's side has admitted he's *****ing old but no one else can. And that's what he saw the whole first GGG-Canelo fight, lots of GGG punches bouncing of Canelo's face like they had nothing on them. GGG is like a pitcher who has completely lost their fastball after tommy john surgery or something. If he threw 100MPH in his prime, I'd say he throws no more than 90 now. That's "just" 10% but anyone who watches baseball knows that's the difference between elite and average.
You don't have a grasp of this subject at all. Murray is a strong puncher?? WTF?
Also, he BOXED Lemieux. How do you not understand that? He boxed Jacobs and Canelo too. He PRESSURED Brook.
There's a difference between applying some pressure in a fight and actually fighting a pressure style. This is boxing 101 stuff dude.
Redd Foxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 07:04 AM #16
Blueboy3 Blueboy3 is offline
Amateur
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 27
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Blueboy3 is on a distinguished road
Points: 5,226.63
Bank: 1,020.15
Total Points: 6,246.78
Default

GGG needs those body shots, he can't just head hunt or it'll be the same fight again
Blueboy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 07:11 AM #17
SplitSecond SplitSecond is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 19,207
Quoted: 1786 Post(s)
Rep Power: 57
SplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 24,955.68
Bank: 1,015.08
Total Points: 25,970.76
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier For solid posting - The Surgeon lol - -jose- Suck on this d@ck prick - Boxing Goat 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - McGoorty Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - sugarsmosley 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueboy3 View Post
GGG needs those body shots, he can't just head hunt or it'll be the same fight again
True, he needs to start early, set it up and be quick with it.
SplitSecond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 07:19 AM #18
Redd Foxx Redd Foxx is offline
Hittin' the heavy bag.
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 18,343
Quoted: 11293 Post(s)
Rep Power: 58
Redd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 16,043.65
Bank: 1,020.15
Total Points: 17,063.80
Happy New Year - Freedom. Merry Christmas and All The Best for 2015 - Freedom. Buy another heavy bag, dog. - punchr Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. No Message - stephenmc 
Cheers to a great poster - Sergey Kovalev Even though I often disagree with you, I still enjoy reading your posts.  Here's a beer. - j0zef sit on this, man. it will relax you. best wishes, punchr - punchr No Message - Scott. Weiland Great post, man. - anthonydavid11 
Red's all about quality! - BoxingFan85 No Message - Scott. Weiland Peace out, brother, I was just clowning around. - !! Anorak Happy Easter and sh*t. - DionysusX Cheers! - anthonydavid11 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder LOL - Tony Trick-Pony 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueboy3 View Post
GGG needs those body shots, he can't just head hunt or it'll be the same fight again
I think everyone is expecting it this time around because it's the #1 thing everyone has been harping about since the first fight. I believe Sanchez wanted him to play it very safe because that's exactly what Golovkin did.

If he can get to his body, then he can start working the type of game GG has been brilliant at in the past. The whole drama show thing. He's going to have to take chances though because he's not going to make it happen by boxing Canelo. We've already seen that.
Redd Foxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 07:30 AM #19
Mirus Mirus is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 772
Quoted: 409 Post(s)
Rep Power: 4
Mirus will become famous soon enoughMirus will become famous soon enough
Points: 5,997.00
Bank: 1,015.08
Total Points: 7,012.08
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Logic View Post
GGG dont have the stamina anymore at age 36 to do that. If he goes hard early, he will gas late along with Canelo. Not to mention, GGG's handspeed has declined so much that I don't even know if he can lay it on Canelo early even if he still had the stamina, because Canelo is so much faster now that he will just dodge the punches the first few rounds and counter with much faster shots. It took Canelo slowing down from bad stamina for GGG to start being able to exchange with Canelo on even terms middle of the fight. Before then Canelo is too fast for old GGG, although I guess it's possible GGG was just nervous early. But overall I don't think GGG has the speed or stamina anymore to do what Mosley is saying.
Totally agree. We can see it in the fight GGG vs Monroe. In that fight GGG wanted to score fast KO . He wanted to KO Monroe in the first or 2nd round. But couldn't. He was very tired in the 3rd round.
Mirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 07:35 AM #20
SplitSecond SplitSecond is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 19,207
Quoted: 1786 Post(s)
Rep Power: 57
SplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 24,955.68
Bank: 1,015.08
Total Points: 25,970.76
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier For solid posting - The Surgeon lol - -jose- Suck on this d@ck prick - Boxing Goat 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - McGoorty Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - sugarsmosley 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Foxx View Post
I think everyone is expecting it this time around because it's the #1 thing everyone has been harping about since the first fight. I believe Sanchez wanted him to play it very safe because that's exactly what Golovkin did.

If he can get to his body, then he can start working the type of game GG has been brilliant at in the past. The whole drama show thing. He's going to have to take chances though because he's not going to make it happen by boxing Canelo. We've already seen that.
You can box and attack the body. Didnt you say he boxed vs lemiuex? You know he was ****in him up to the body too right?
SplitSecond is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.