No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Holyfield: Wilder is The Best at Heavyweight, Not Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
    Sure just let me spend 1000s of dollars on a flight to america.
    just harass him on social media and like he said he'll come find yall.
    alot of yall internet squares do this very same thang.
    disrespect ppl to the utmost and is on moment of silence when seeing somebody you had traded words with online

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackSoul View Post
      just harass him on social media and like he said he'll come find yall.
      alot of yall internet squares do this very same thang.
      disrespect ppl to the utmost and is on moment of silence when seeing somebody you had traded words with online
      Will it be Wilders most famous win eclipsing Charlie Z on a You tube PPv like Parker tried with H. Fury ?

Comment

• Originally posted by SeGoodland View Post
        Wilder does have great athleticism and power. He is a world champion and I’m not taking anything away from him in that regard but you call out things that so many other have.

He only took the risk with Fury because Fury was coming back after two years of self abuse and a PED ban and it back fired.
        Nonsense! Wilder took the fight because he wanted a BIG fight and Fury was game (after AJ rejected $50mil he asked for). Crying long and hard will never change that.

Wilder vs AJ is 50/50 imho. Wilder LIKES to fight, and isn't afraid of losing or keeping an 0. AJ is good, it will be a good fight, but I believe Wilder will stop him.

So, it's just a difference of opinion ... to be settled in the future. Crying and repeating alll of that nonsense you hearniacs do is pointless. We get that you think AJ wins. Post after post trying to demean Wilder is childish. The man is undefeated unless/until someone can beat him, period. Place your bets in Vegas ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bum squad View Post
          AJ Will do a Charles Martin on Wilder. No way Wilder has the skills to avoid being hit and AJ is not hanging around 12 rounds for Wilder to land a windmill so will force the action. 2/3 rounds and its over.
          You may be right on the rounds but wrong on the victor, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Liondw View Post
            Holyfield was a great fighter, an icon, even a legend. I'm not too sure on his assessment of Wilder though, who looked quite amateurish and out of ideas against Fury. He did get the two knockdowns which helped him get a dubious draw, but yes, Joshua looks more polished than Fury and Wilder.
            You guys are hilarious. "Looked ... out of ideas ...", yet Fury took his career-worst knockdown in the 12th. I guess "looking" like you're out of ideas is very different from actually BEING out of ideas. Looks can be deceiving ...

Comment

• Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
              The best is measured in their level of competition. AJ has the better resume right now.
              Lewis had much better competition than Rahman had at the time. Still didn't stop Rahman from the KO.

Yours is silly logic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Froch_uppercut View Post
                UP NEXT AFTER THE BREAK:
                We hear from Wilder's Mom who says her son is the best heavyweight.

Quoting shills like Lewis and Holyfield does not add credibility to Wilder's body of work.
                He is a not very good one trick pony who is hiding from Joshua and Whyte.
                That must be the NEW definition of hiding. Offer the guy you're hiding from $50 million (Hearn verified) and hope he doesn't see you, right?

Rubbish!

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                  Joshua has had just three fights since Klitschko, one to unify against a title holder, another against a former world champion.
                  Parker WAS a can. A lot of hype who had accomplished NOTHING.

Comment

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                    this is a good/fair post....i only have one issue with it

why do people insist wilder was "badly hurt" against ortiz? i mean....he was hurt....and to say "badly hurt" is actually better than some of the crap ive seen his haters say...ive actually seen guys say "out on his feet against ortiz(of course this was by guys that loathe him)"......

i was there...and ive watched the fight 3-4 times after....wilder was hurt and in a bad position because he got caught....but i dont think his legs were really ever that shaky....and he never left his feet....when the bell rang he shook his head to signal he wasnt hurt and walked back fine.....he was hurt....but some people have gone overboard IMO...he got caught and was in a bad spot because ortiz was in position to capitalize.....but i dont think wilder was really in any real trouble.......now sure if there was another minute left in the round he might have been....but its just as likely that ortiz was nearing the end of his onslaught because surely ortiz would have gassed real soon if the round was any longer
                    I agree. Wilder lost the round and took some punches, but he stayed steady and almost shrugged as he walked away when the round ended. Then he came out and stood his ground the next round no problem.

I think many thought he would fold because Ortiz got the better of him for a bit. Wrong!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
                      Yes or no: Fury made the count?
                      Yes or no: Fury won the rest of the round handidly?
                      Yes or no: Fury ran away w/ the fight?
                      Fury made the count: Technically yes, but a real case is made that he laid motionless too long for it to continue.
                      Fury won the rest of the round? Debatable.
                      Fury ran away w/the fight? Definitely not.

Question 4: who got X-rays, CT-Scans, MRI's and left with the biggest headache after the fight?

Fury would have got a win in an amatuer fight. In a pro Championship fight, those images of a 6'9" tree falling hard with blank eyes made an impression on those judges, and called into doubt the EFFECTIVENESS of Fury's 12 rounds of pitter-pat points lead (which would have been a very small lead anyway).

Up till then I thought he may be up on points, but had done no real damage to the champ.

And that was the 2nd big knockdown.

Comment

Working...
                      X