Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TALENT doesn't exists, outside of height and weight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REAL TALK] TALENT doesn't exists, outside of height and weight.

No one is born good at anything.

Come at me bro!!

Clearly you never developed the ability to start threads which aren't shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
      Clearly you never developed the ability to start threads which aren't shit.
      Furn is a h0mosexual.. look at him doing Tybo lol

Comment

I don’t agree, too many factors.

Ex. My ex Maiko is a google exec, but, she was cunning, manipulative, could ride a schlong, and rode her wway to the top. She isn’t tall, but casts a long shadow.

Maiko,,, I I get banned, i will publish a book, so stay off of me. Have your lawyers get with mine? I want my sushi knife back

Comment

As a guitarman I've had this debate with other musicians about Hendrix, Santana, Eddie Van Halen, etc. and although some of them have that extra intuition into music, I've always brought up the argument about passion. To me these cats just loved music more than most and just got better at it because they were driven by their passion. If you read up on them you will see a pattern, they all had extensive music collections, revered the past innovators, and were just passionate about it.

This too can be said about sports, you can have all the tools, size, speed, etc. but it's the ones that truly love their sport, more than most, that have that Jerry Rice dedication to training and perfecting their skill.

Comment

Mozart and Beethoven would disagree

Comment

Yeah no some things can't be taught.

Comment

I think most people underestimate how good at something they can get with the right dedication and effort, but I wouldn't go as far as to say talent doesn't exist at all.

Reminds me of an interesting study -
                https://www.kqed.org/mindshift/36603...e-is-not-fixed

The gist is this - students who were taught that intelligence was fixed did worse than students who were taught that intelligence is malleable and that they could get smarter if they worked at it.

Whether it's true or not is besides the point, when someone gets stuck at something they often conclude it's because they lack an inherent ability to do that thing, and so they give up. What they don't realize is that many of the people who are better than them also struggled at some point and just continued trying until it was no longer difficult to them.

I also think genuine passion can take you a long way as well.

Comment

Working...
                X