Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P4P, who's the most feared fighter of their time: Kovalev, Liston or Foreman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
    Because we're talking P4P here. And Kovalev has actually killed someone in the ring which the other two haven't.

Kovalev's power is very scary as were the other two.

Kovalev has also stopped a guy with a jab to the body. Scary stuff there
    kOv ain't even known outside the boxing industry so mainstream intimidation is almost non-relevant here. Either way, he isn't close to Liston or Foreman or Tyson.

Edit: Just re-reading the thread title, it's a bit confusing, do you mean who is more intimidating in their own time? Kov is certainly the most intimidating fighter on the planet right now but when compared to the intimidation of Foreman, Liston and tyson's in their prime years, it still isn't close.

P4P, I could probably mention even more fighters.
    Last edited by soul_survivor; 03-03-2016, 06:53 AM.

Comment

most feared by who?

in the domestic era boxing was smaller, a few US journalists had 100% control of the narrative, there were fewer guys to burst your bubble, someone like Foreman could quickly become larger than life to the public

who fighters fear is a different question, kovalev has killed an opponent and knocks guys in the air with jabs, it wouldn't be a fun sporty feeling going into that
      Last edited by ////; 03-03-2016, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Comment

Liston,.......no comparison. When liston fought, they always brought a mop to the ring. After the referee gave the pre-fight instructions, they always had to mop up a puddle of piss. Liston was so feared that at least 2 guys refused to get in the ring with him. One of them was a tough old Brit named Henry Cooper, the same Henry Cooper that decked ali.
          Cooper said if he saw Liston walking towards him,...... he would cross to the other side of the street.

Comment

All 3 of these guys is/were literally "killers" in the ring.

In preparation of their fights, who probably invokes the most fear in their opponent leaving their opponents fan base to literally fear for his life?

Poll is added.
            Why is Kovalev even mentioned.???

Nobody is scared of that guy.

He talked shi./t about Stevenson then ran away from his own post-fight interview..

He just gave Stevenson the mic.

I've never seen that before.

Comment

"Why is Kovalev even mentioned.???

Nobody is scared of that guy.

He talked shi./t about Stevenson then ran away from his own post-fight interview..

He just gave Stevenson the mic.

I've never seen that before"

LOL you are deulsional. Stevson is on Canelos level of cowardness. Also, ask bernard Hopkins and several other high profile bxers, they are literally afraid of Kovalev and will admit it.

Hopkins quote " I am never, ever, ever getting in the ring with that man again, ever"

O by the way, Kovalev killed a man in the ring. Scary power, he was on his way to hurting Pascal.

Comment

All 3 of these guys is/were literally "killers" in the ring.

In preparation of their fights, who probably invokes the most fear in their opponent leaving their opponents fan base to literally fear for his life?

Poll is added.
                I would say

Comment

I would say none.
                  GGG is the man. He has men ducking him retiring and literally draining themselves handing out belts just to avoid a fight with him.
                  I love big George and kovo but none of them had grown az men dropping belts rather than fight them

Comment

Julian Jackson and Tyson are way scarier than Kov could ever dream of being.

Comment

Liston.

Or Peter Buckley.

Beast.

Comment

Working...
                      X