Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do some fans ignore a fighters defensive flaws?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do some fans ignore a fighters defensive flaws?

I'm talking about Golovkin. I honestly can't believe people are buying this idea that Golovkin let Monroe land flush on purpose to lure bigger names in, am I the only one who finds that ridiculous?

Golovkin is an excellent fighter, I was impressed he took Monroe out in 6 as I thought it would last the distance but seriously what kind of fighter would get hit on purpose? Come on.

Holding a fighter to that kind of pedestal will only lead to disappointment in the end.
    Yes: He wanted to show some vunerability to lure bigger names
    22.22%
    No: There are holes in his defence which were exploited by Monroe
    77.78%

Comment

Golovkin doesn't show those flaws until he is selling out for a KO. He did the same in his last fight. Imo he tries to hard for knockouts when he hurts his opponents early or doesn't respect their power.

Comment

It's not to lure in bigger names he does it ***at times**** to open up his opponents. He doesn't do it always it's not like every single punch GGG allowed him to hit him lol that obviously isn't the case, in boxing you're gonna get hit, but sometimes yes GGG does not give a sh it about being hit, just depends on the opponent.

Here is GGG in his native tongue in a Russian interview BEFORE the Monroe fight:

During the fight if I neglect my defence, it doesn't mean I am failing to defend myself, but most likely that I am provoking my opponent. I just watch. It is a strategy.
        I find pleasure in fighting in an aggressive manner.

Comment

everyone has def flaws. especially on offense.

going forward also is harder than waiting to counter.

golovkin is fine. no one is unbeatable.

Comment

GGG doesn't let anyone hit him, no fighter does. I can promise you Margarito liked being hit in the face more, even he tried to slip punches.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
              It's not to lure in bigger names he does it ***at times**** to open up his opponents. He doesn't do it always it's not like every single punch GGG allowed him to hit him lol that obviously isn't the case, in boxing you're gonna get hit, but sometimes yes GGG does not give a sh it about being hit, just depends on the opponent.

Here is GGG in his native tongue in a Russian interview BEFORE the Monroe fight:

During the fight if I neglect my defence, it doesn't mean I am failing to defend myself, but most likely that I am provoking my opponent. I just watch. It is a strategy.
              Yeah i understand that. That quote is interesting, as long as he doesn't get too careless i suppose it's a good strategy, so far it's been fine.

Don't want to sound like i'm hating on him because i'm not, just wanted some answers on this

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post

usually after he scores a KD or hurts his opp.

early on he's more careful but later after a few rounds less so.

maybe he tasted their power and decides no worry?

ppl are too obsessed about not getting hit.

boxing is not hit and not get hit. boxing is hurt them more than they hurt you.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
                  Yeah i understand that. That quote is interesting, as long as he doesn't get too careless i suppose it's a good strategy, so far it's been fine.

Don't want to sound like i'm hating on him because i'm not, just wanted some answers on this
                  Well I think he's aware of the opponents punching power. Against Stevens who is a big puncher he didn't fight like that at all. He was much more defensively responsible and cautious. He slowly chopped Stevens down and rarely left himself open or vulnerable. Against guys like Monroe and Murray, I think after a couple rounds he realized they can't hurt him so he doesn't really care. He wouldn't do that against a guy like Canelo.

Comment

It really isn't a new thing for an aggressive pressure fighter to open himself up a bit to draw his opponent out, especially when the opponent hasn't got much power.

Comment

Working...
                    X