Scott Coker Took Over Bellator?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Coker Took Over Bellator?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...m_campaign=mma

Did you guys hear about this? Is this a good or bad thing? Any idea why Rebney left Bellator? Is Coker likable or another douche like Rebney and White?

Rebney clashed with Viacom. Even after Viacom bought the company from him he still acted like the owner.

Coker was the one who built up the last promotion(Strikeforce) to almost give UFC a run for its money. At least closer than any company since PRIDE. But I think he just got lucky with that company and the talent he acquired. I don't think he's going to have the same luck this time with Bellator. UFC is way bigger now and has way more head of steam then they did back then.

At that time Strikeforce was on network tv and UFC was still mostly PPV with the occasional spike card. With UFC's deal now with Fox I don't think Bellator stands a chance. That is if Viacom continues to not put their full resources behind the company which appears they are still not willing to do.

BUT having said all that, I think Bellator will be in better shape with Coker than they were with Rebney. Coker already got rid of the tournament system and they are planning to reduce the events. That should stabilize the promotion at least for the short term.

Comment

Monopoly here we come. UFC is gonna buy them up real soon, the way they always do when somebody starts threatening them and since Dana that fat bozo is getting along with Coker this was just a move to start the purchasing process in the near future. MMA fans getting ****ed in the ass by the UFC as always. enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
        Rebney clashed with Viacom. Even after Viacom bought the company from him he still acted like the owner.

Coker was the one who built up the last promotion(Strikeforce) to almost give UFC a run for its money. At least closer than any company since PRIDE. But I think he just got lucky with that company and the talent he acquired. I don't think he's going to have the same luck this time with Bellator. UFC is way bigger now and has way more head of steam then they did back then.

At that time Strikeforce was on network tv and UFC was still mostly PPV with the occasional spike card. With UFC's deal now with Fox I don't think Bellator stands a chance. That is if Viacom continues to not put their full resources behind the company which appears they are still not willing to do.

BUT having said all that, I think Bellator will be in better shape with Coker than they were with Rebney. Coker already got rid of the tournament system and they are planning to reduce the events. That should stabilize the promotion at least for the short term.
        Why is it a positive to get rid of the tournaments? It was the best thing about them because it was unique. They only screwed it up by starting with these instant rematches. The only necessary rematch was Chandler-Alvarez because they are the #1-2 fighters in the company and the fight was the only fight IMO to rival Shogun-Hendo 1 that year and it even happened on the same night!

They built stars with their tournaments, but giving out rematches hurt their credibility as they tried to force feed us Pat Curran when he got beat. That rematch was a sick fight but was completely unnecessary as Strauss beat him clean. It could of waited until Curran won a tournament.

Comment

Working...
        X