No announcement yet.

Americans Quizzed On 'Obamacare' vs. Affordable Care Act

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    Man Who Understands 8% Of Obamacare Vigorously Defends It From Man Who Understands 5%

Sources say both men exhausted the majority of the facts they recall about the Affordable Care Act within the first few minutes of the vigorous debate.

SEATTLE—As debate continues in Washington over the funding of President Obama’s health care initiative, sources confirmed Thursday that 39-year-old Daniel Seaver, a man who understands a total of 8 percent of the Affordable Care Act, offered a vehement defense of the legislation to 41-year-old Alex Crawford, who understands 5 percent of it.

At press time, both men’s understanding of Obamacare had dropped to 3 percent as a result of the debate.
    I bet their I.Q. dropped a few notches along with it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
      Obamacare was passed without any Republican support or input, just like the 831 billion dollar "Stimulus" bill. Fortunately Barry held a public conference so that Republicans could give their input on healthcare reform (the one where Barry told McCain "quit your posturing, the election is over.") Unfortunately it was all a sham, all 40 ideas were tossed in the garbage.

Americans have so opposed this type of overreaching govt control of healthcare that it cost Clinton the House and Senate in 1994 and Obama the House and some seats in the Senate in 2010.
      Seemed like a good idea. Perhaps, too good of an idea if it meant giving Obama credit for making good on his promise of making health care reform one of his top priorities during his term.

Comment

I don't pretend to know the ins and outs of everything, but it's amazing how uninformed so many people are.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
          I don't pretend to know the ins and outs of everything, but it's amazing how uninformed so many people are.
          It's no surprise. A good portion of the world population engages in this alot ...

Comment

Obamacare was passed without any Republican support or input, just like the 831 billion dollar "Stimulus" bill. Fortunately Barry held a public conference so that Republicans could give their input on healthcare reform (the one where Barry told McCain "quit your posturing, the election is over.") Unfortunately it was all a sham, all 40 ideas were tossed in the garbage.

Americans have so opposed this type of overreaching govt control of healthcare that it cost Clinton the House and Senate in 1994 and Obama the House and some seats in the Senate in 2010.
            The important thing is that you defend whatever the Republican party is doing RIGHT NOW.

Comment

Here's another question and pardon my ignorance since I'm just a brown person who doesn't know any better.

Obama won the election right? So why did republicans try and stop the bill 43 times? Doing everything they can to defund Obamacare?

Doesn't the guy who won, get to run in his second term on what he actually won on?

Seems to me like republicans are being sore losers. People talk about the president not wanting to compromise but like Piggy said, he wanted a single payer plan and settled on a plan that republicans themselves ran on.

Makes no sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                The important thing is that you defend whatever the Republican party is doing RIGHT NOW.
                Republicans are finally doing what I've wanted them to for almost 3 years now, stand up to Reid and Obama. Are you still standing by your ridiculous claim that "Republicans lost the House shortly after the last shutdown?"

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                Here's another question and pardon my ignorance since I'm just a brown person who doesn't know any better.
                Says the La Raza (the race) loving ex-con who says I'm not brown enough to own my own property. If you've got a question for me, ask it like a man.

Comment

Says the La Raza (the race) loving ex-con who says I'm not brown enough to own my own property. If you've got a question for me, ask it like a man.
                  Actually I was hoping for an educated response, that's why I didn't ask you. La Raza means (the Mexican race) not THE race as in some racist elitist thinking. You wouldn't understand because you see things from a very white, conservative perspective where they have you brain washed to be terrified of the BROWN INVASION!!!

So are you going to answer my question or are you going to be a tough guy and insult me behind the comfort of your computer?

Doesn't the president deserve to get this passed because he won the election?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    So are you going to answer my question or are you going to be a tough guy and insult me behind the comfort of your computer?
                    Is there some reason I should be afraid of talking to you in person?

Doesn't the president deserve to get this passed because he won the election?
                    What kind of ridiculous question is that? Don't the Americans that voted for the 231 Republican Representatives in the House in 2012 deserve to have effective representation in Congress? This isn't a dictatorship. The American people obviously didn't want Mitt "Repeal and Replace" Romney (the devil you know being better than the devil you don't and all that,) but they haven't trusted Obama with the House for 3 years now.

I understand that Barry hadn't run so much as a lemonade stand in his life before 2008 and he had an easy time his first two years with a filibuster proof congress. But he actually has to govern now and learn to negotiate and compromise with his political opposition. We have 3 separate branches of government for a reason, as a system of checks and balances. The House isn't there to just rubber stamp Barry's edicts. Americans don't want them to or we wouldn't have had the historic 2010 election or kept the House comfortably in Republican hands in 2012. Likewise Barry's filibuster proof Senate is long gone, with Repub gaining seats in 2010 and 2012. Hell Ted Kennedy's seat went to a Republican for the first time in half a century in an attempt to stop Obamacare.
                    Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 10-02-2013, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Republicans are finally doing what I've wanted them to for almost 3 years now, stand up to Reid and Obama. Are you still standing by your ridiculous claim that "Republicans lost the House shortly after the last shutdown?"
                      They've been challenging the legislation through the proper channels since it was introduced. What is it, forty challenges so far?

America be damned. It's a Democrat as president and that's NOT FAIR.

Comment

Working...
                      X