Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Couture is 47 years of age shot and has 10 losses.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
    Sigh...

James Toney hadnt fought a top 10 fighter in 4 years...Couture had faced and at least competed with both Nogueira and Lesnar.
    James Toney should have lost against Danny Betchleder(#135 or something HW in boxing) and Fres Oquendo.
    James Toney was coming off a year long layoff and weighed 20lbs more than his last fight, in which he looked awful anyway against a bum that was actually landing a lot on him.
    James Toney's prime was 16+ years ago and 70+ lbs ago. you cannot tell me Couture's prime was farther back than that.

now, this is all irrelevant...because Toney, without real training, probably would have never beaten Couture anyway. its not even his sport. but to pretend that Toney was less shot than Couture is flat out ******ed, when he was very obviously way worse off than Couture...and thats in his OWN SPORT.

enough already, if youre not going to actually talk boxing, get off the forum.

side note: pretending MMA and 'a real fight' are the same thing is unbelievably stupid.
    Uh huh.
    Whatever makes you sleep at night I guess.

Facts are
    Toney got utterly dominated without even being able to defend himself by a retired old man.

That is the facts.
    Period.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightfan82 View Post
      Uh huh.

Facts are
      Toney got utterly dominated without even being able to defend himself by a retired old man.

That is the facts.
      Period.
      youre being an idiot, and you know it. both of them were retired old men, the difference being that Couture wasnt fat and is a far better MMA fighter.

I also enjoy how you ignore all my facts and generically just pretend youre right no matter what. well done.

And it's 'those are the facts', dumbass.

Comment

So how does playing the old "shot" card work with Toney?

Just curious.

Couture is retired, he came out for this one fight which he so easily won.

I also find it hilarious how some on this site are saying this is "proof" Mma sucks.

how does getting defeated and man handled like a child prove that MMA sucks?
        Your thinking is....strange.

Couture was noble too. He could of ground and pounded him much, much more but decided to end it quickly by the choke.

If that was a real fight, couture could of done whatever he wanted to Toneys limp, helpless body after chocking him unconscious. He could of choked him to death, he could of stomped on his head. He could of done anything he wanted.

So once again, how is this a victory for boxing?
        What kind of talk is this?

This is the real problem with MMA - its fans. Its almost as though they believe that as a sport MMA is inferior to boxing and therefore they need to go on with **** like "in a real fight, MMA is better".

These are sports, who cares what would happen if it was in the street? It isn't in the street, this isn't a fight to the death its an organised sport contested by athletes.

Comment

I never said anything about one being better. I'm simply talking about the facts of what happened and the comments trashing MMA.

I am a boxing fan, but I am also an MMA fan. I don't like seeing one trashed by completely bitter jealously and bigotry.

It's just hilarious to me how some of these posters are trying to make out this particular humiliation into a victory. That wreaks of delusion.
          Goes both ways. Why should we care what happens in MMA, whether or not its a Boxer fighting in there, only reason he went to UFC is because he wasn't as relevant in Boxing anymore.

Uh huh.

Facts are

That is the facts.
          Period.
          Yeah, but you gotta take other things into account, period. Nobodys acting like its any kind of win for Boxing, theyre just saying it isn't a loss and they don't really give a ****.

By this post, it seems like you only say your an Boxing fan to cover thing up and make you sound fair.

Your acting like Toney was a spring chicken, hes not been in proper shape in god knows how long, if he goes into a fight like that against a guy whos competed in the sport and is clearly in better shape then hes gonna lose its obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
            What kind of talk is this?

This is the real problem with MMA - its fans. Its almost as though they believe that as a sport MMA is inferior to boxing and therefore they need to go on with **** like "in a real fight, MMA is better".

These are sports, who cares what would happen if it was in the street? It isn't in the street, this isn't a fight to the death its an organised sport contested by athletes.
            Thank you! **** what would happen on the street, we watch Boxing and people watch MMA because they like the sport... thats it.

Comment

Working...
            X