Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavyweights: Post in here, your experience, stats, etc, goals, feel free to do w/e

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavyweights: Post in here, your experience, stats, etc, goals, feel free to do w/e

Alright I've noticed quite a few Heavyweights here in the Training and Nutrition section, so I wanted to touch base with a few of them and either offer my advice to the total greenies or take advice from a few seasoned amateurs/professionals.

I'm 6'4 1/2, 275lbs (**** you, i know im fat, but once I decide to lose weight it melts off like butter, and even at 275 I have extremely quick hands when I want them to be, my only problem is stamina. DAY 3 NO CIGARETTES MOTHER****RES WOOOO...my gf is pissed at me because i was so upset last night and wanted a cig so bad I didnt even wanna sleep with her...nicotene is brutal, and we've never had any probs in our sexlife but man...when you quit smoking cold turkey it makes you have these shakes, and you just feel pissed off for no reason...I lost my boner in like 15 seconds, anyways..that ****er on green mile woulda called me "Yew limp newdle" hahaha,,anyway...)

Strictly orthodox, but I do have one trick move where I shift into southpaw just to throw a quick straight left and then switch back into ortho. I'm working on the punch, it's interesting, and something you'd only do maybe once a match, but it looks beautiful when executed right. I have a 78 inch wingspan but my body and arms are proportioned to where I can get decent leverage on my hooks, and also have a nice snappy triple jab when I need it. So I am more of the versatile type rather than a one trick poney. When I get a guy in front of me whos a short-stuff puncher, I'll just move around away from his power and feed him the jab, when he gets close I'm dirty ,i hold, clinch, n unload a big right hand or left hook to the body as i push off. im a dirty ****er. but it works... and just keep moving and landing the jab, doubling and tripling up on the jab vs shorter opponents that dont move their head well will benefit you taller guys, alot.. When I fight someone taller than me I tend to adapt and change my style up to a boxer puncher/peekaboo last resort type **** if I need to look good at the end of a round...close the gap while my pendulum is moving back and forth and deliver the left hook in close, then finish off with lefts to the body and crosses as I back up and start all over again, unless my guy is open in which then it's jab+cross+left to body all day.

Anyway im rambling, any other heavies feel free to post in here. not sure if you cats have any vids but feel free to post em, i got sparring vids and bag vids if you have trouble finding them let me know.

remember this thread is for heavies only, so you little guys unless you want to give me advice on my style or another heavy advice on his style, hit the bricks...its strictly a hw thread unless you have constructive criticism.

As far as my goals for boxing and why I want to clean out the local amateur heavyweight division (that's goal #1.) goal #2 will be announced when I clean out the local amateur heavyweight division.

I'm quite confident I will be able to accomplish this task,im not gonna be one of those guys who goes losing his first fight and ****...I honestly feel sorry for the first guy they put in front of me, the surgeries and pain ive went through for this first moment...man, that dude is gonna have to ****in kill me to win the fight.

Im 6'7 225lbs, very long reach havent measured though, my main advantage is my punching power as i have very strong legs from playing rugby for years, and my hand speed, disadvantages my footwork is shoddy and can sometimes loose my temper and steam in!

Comment

The reason there is so many heavyweights on here is because they are lazy, fat ****s.

Comment

haha yeah heavyweights are fat pieces of crap usually, you hardly ever see ripped lean heavyweights (muhammad ali in his prime, prime tyson), i bet 90% of the ones on the forum are just fat ****s who cant lose some damn weight....

Comment

Originally posted by KostyaTszyu44 View Post
          haha yeah heavyweights are fat pieces of crap usually, you hardly ever see ripped lean heavyweights (muhammad ali in his prime, prime tyson), i bet 90% of the ones on the forum are just fat ****s who cant lose some damn weight....
          Most of them can probably knock your ass out with a jab, too.

For me im 6'4 245 pounds. Southpaw i can fight both side but i feel more comfortable boxing with my left behind. Had 4 amature fights when i was 18-19, im 24 now. Won the first 2 on points, the 3rd by referee stoppage. The 4 th fight was stopped because the other guy was bleeding heavily from the nose, won on points. I HATED amature boxing. I love the sport of boxing but seeing how an amature fighter can be sucessful by throwing love taps and running away from his opponents made me hate it. Plus i got into an arguement with 2 of the coaches at the gym who were trying to make me fight more often, i left the gym and there was no other boxing gym close enough to where i live so i gave up. Got myself a punching bag, double end bag, speed bag and i was just training at home.

2 years ago i started going to a mma gym, been training BJJ ever since. Added some submissions and some knees and elbows to my game but my best tool is and will always be my fists. No fights yet, no plans of fighting in the near future.

In all honesty i wish i would have stuck with boxing now, even tho i hated it. I think i was pretty decent.

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
            Most of them can probably knock your ass out with a jab, too.

For me im 6'4 245 pounds. Southpaw i can fight both side but i feel more comfortable boxing with my left behind. Had 4 amature fights when i was 18-19, im 24 now. Won the first 2 on points, the 3rd by referee stoppage. The 4 th fight was stopped because the other guy was bleeding heavily from the nose, won on points. I HATED amature boxing. I love the sport of boxing but seeing how an amature fighter can be sucessful by throwing love taps and running away from his opponents made me hate it. Plus i got into an arguement with 2 of the coaches at the gym who were trying to make me fight more often, i left the gym and there was no other boxing gym close enough to where i live so i gave up. Got myself a punching bag, double end bag, speed bag and i was just training at home.

2 years ago i started going to a mma gym, been training BJJ ever since. Added some submissions and some knees and elbows to my game but my best tool is and will always be my fists. No fights yet, no plans of fighting in the near future.

In all honesty i wish i would have stuck with boxing now, even tho i hated it. I think i was pretty decent.
            What's the problem? You act like you can't switch back. If you go back to box now, you'll at least be a better clincher; clinching is important, so look at it like that... the MMA wasn't a waste.

Southpaw Heavyweights are extremely rare and the ones I've sparred against (which was, only one guy and he was a greenie) didn't give me too much trouble, only because he didn't have a decent jab...he was like 6'2, 6'1 and 230ish though ...

I could see a lefty being a real problem if the guy had a long snappy jab and knew how to slip my cross...of course that guy would have to be tall which means plenty of target downstairs to hammer away at...

Get back into it...

and if you hate the pitty pat ****, then say **** it and go pro early, and fight a bunch of cab drivers...anything beats mma...I just don't understand these guys who are into it, I guess they were just influenced by it at a certain time and they prefer it because of that...shrug..

boxing is more interesting to me, because in boxing, people know youre a punk inside if you flat out quit. in mma, quitting is no problem. you can tap out and you don't look like half the ***** a boxer would look like if he quit. because of the risk of what...breaking an arm? What if the boxer who wanted to quit was having brain issues and seeing triple.....still, because the mma has a risk of a bone being broken and is in some kind of hold, it's not so bad for him to quit, as it is a boxer to quit.

plus i just prefer the standup aspect of it..and how it stretches a guy through so much, 12 3 minute rounds....that requires more stamina than anything else on the planet, sportwise

Comment

5'10" 150 6'3" reach. greatest HW

Comment

Your mother's ****, STINKS, like carpet cleaner....(SNIFF)

Originally posted by J_CON View Post
                5'10" 150 6'3" reach. greatest HW

Comment

Originally posted by Stormin' Norman View Post
                  What's the problem? You act like you can't switch back. If you go back to box now, you'll at least be a better clincher; clinching is important, so look at it like that... the MMA wasn't a waste.

Southpaw Heavyweights are extremely rare and the ones I've sparred against (which was, only one guy and he was a greenie) didn't give me too much trouble, only because he didn't have a decent jab...he was like 6'2, 6'1 and 230ish though ...

I could see a lefty being a real problem if the guy had a long snappy jab and knew how to slip my cross...of course that guy would have to be tall which means plenty of target downstairs to hammer away at...

Get back into it...

and if you hate the pitty pat ****, then say **** it and go pro early, and fight a bunch of cab drivers...anything beats mma...I just don't understand these guys who are into it, I guess they were just influenced by it at a certain time and they prefer it because of that...shrug..

boxing is more interesting to me, because in boxing, people know youre a punk inside if you flat out quit. in mma, quitting is no problem. you can tap out and you don't look like half the ***** a boxer would look like if he quit. because of the risk of what...breaking an arm? What if the boxer who wanted to quit was having brain issues and seeing triple.....still, because the mma has a risk of a bone being broken and is in some kind of hold, it's not so bad for him to quit, as it is a boxer to quit.

plus i just prefer the standup aspect of it..and how it stretches a guy through so much, 12 3 minute rounds....that requires more stamina than anything else on the planet, sportwise
                  you are really an idiot, first you make a thread only for fat people and now you are saying mma fighters are cowards because they tap when someone can break their arm. I don't like mma neither but that was just a dumb statement.

Comment

WHats considered a heavyW these days?

I guess you have to be AT LEAST 220lb to be part of the club.

Comment

Working...
                    X