No announcement yet.

I know many don't like broner but that was no robbery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
    But robbery though? Granados won 6 clear, indisputable rounds?

This **** was 6-4 either way. The 97-93 cards were both BS.
    I honestly think 7-3 either way works because there were a ton of close rounds and I don't think either guy won many clear rounds.

A lot of the rounds looked pretty similar so if you liked Granados activity a lot of the close rounds would go to him, if you liked Broner's cleaner crisper punches a lot would then go to Broner.

A closer fight than a score like that would indicate.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      Its not a surprise last night to see a bunch of sour grapes

Many wanted to see Broner lose but he did enough to beat Granados

He landed the better shots, showed decent defense and closed the fight stronger

Granados did well, deserves a rematch but to call it a robbery is a joke.

If you thought Granados was busier and won, cool but to say robbery is an exaggerating
      I'm not big on Broner, but I thought he won. Broner definitely needs to move back down to 140. There is no future for him at 147. He seems very undisciplined as far as his weight. He isn't a tall guy at all. He should have got with a nutritionist and stayed at 135. He was a monster at the lower weights.

Comment

The thing with Broner is he plays the part of the boxer but his defense isn't good, he lacks the ranginess to fight at stand off range and he ins't a very good counter puncher. He does generally have good offense though he throws sharp, fast, crisp punches that look really nice when they land.

However, Broner generally is stingy with his punch output. If he had big time power he could possibly overcome this but he doesn't. So Broner should really focus on leading landing first then follow up in close rather than going straight to grappling (he should probably end up holding because his defense is sorry so moving in and out will get him tagged).

He really needs to stay in shape and really try to up his stamina so he can throw more punches, rather than waiting around to get punched.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout_finit
          Simple yet incredibly accurate assessment...

A robbery means the result was pre-determined...
          It has nothing to do with how close the fight was you
          daft b*stard.

On a side note:
          It was hilarious to see b*tch hopkins kod by joe bloggs jr!!
          Don't ya think danny boy??

Its only a pity he was obstructed from having his head hit the
          concrete full power....

Then he ran away lol.....
          A robbery isnt necessarily pre determined.

And if a fight is close then its not a robbery. Its impossible and illogical to be both.

As for the side note, I'm guessing you are assuming I'm a Hopkins fan? Which I am not.

So yes I found the whole thing very amusing.

Comment

Why are you so concerned with how others scored fights of your favorite boxers? Why do you force your opinion on this board as if it's the only opinion that could possibly be correct. I thought Broner lost a close fight. He retreated too much and held excessively. He should have been warned for holding and had points taken away if he continued to hold so much. Granados took the fight to him and threw many more punches and landed just as many punches. I don't think the fight was a robbery but the large amount of points Broner won by was a robbery. Broner was the A side. The star who was supposed to win and the judges made damn sure he won. The said on the show that 52% of the write in fans had Broner losing. Do you think even one person who thought the fight was a robbery will suddenly change their mind because you say it it wasn't a robbery? They won't. You do the same thing trying to prove to everyone that Ward deserved to win the Kovalev fight when most disagree. How about you score fights your way and let others do the same.

Comment

Broner-Granados Stats

RomanReigns here are the stats bruh - I thought this be a good place to share this.

Comment

No robbery since it was very close but I had Granados winning by a round. This fight, once again showed us that Broner is far from a special fighter. Hes fast but and athletic but thats abt it. Getting a closed lost (or win) vs Granados shows ur not a an elite fightet. Good fightet yes, elite no

Comment

Broner is arguably 0-5 at WW. He. Needs. To. Stay. At. 140. It's not even a discussion he better hire a nutritionist and take care of his ****.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout_finit
                    You are talking b*llocks Danny boy...

A robbery by definition is pre determined,
                    that's what makes it a robbery dumbo...

Hence the expression "he needs a knockout to win"
                    which is often said before rigged fights like broner vs granados.

exceptions to this exist but they are far and few between.
                    Like the inexplicable score category...

More horse****....

if the scoring of a fight is subjective then
                    so is the perception of closeness you jack*ss...

Broner was going to get the decision no matter what happen last night. All that coward had to do was make sure he didn't get knocked out.

Agree or Disagree??
                    Nah, wrong.

Corruption obviously exists in boxing but as does incompetence.

Granados wasn't robbed and no I don't believe he needed a knock out to win.

To suggest that almost every robbery in history was pre determined is just not logical.

I mean, take Dave Tiberi beating up James Toney and getting robbed. Was that pre determined?

Plus, if a fights close and an either way fight such as last night then it cant be a robbery because the other guy argubaly won. It just makes no sense to considsr a close fight a robbery

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                      Its not a surprise last night to see a bunch of sour grapes

Many wanted to see Broner lose but he did enough to beat Granados

He landed the better shots, showed decent defense and closed the fight stronger

Granados did well, deserves a rematch but to call it a robbery is a joke.

If you thought Granados was busier and won, cool but to say robbery is an exaggerating
                      Can you show me how he showed decent defense? He got hit with slow right hands by at best, a d level fighter.

How did he land the better shots when Granados landed more often and just as strong.

And how did he close the fight off strong? The only way you believe that is if you were watching the fight with pro Broner blinders on. The guy waso utworked and out roughed throughout the 10th round and in the last 10 seconds he opened up a bit. All of a sudden, the showtime crew tried making it sound like those 10 seconds were enough to win the round. If its 30 seconds, 40, aminute even, fair enough. 10 seconds is nothing.

I could barely give Broner 4 rounds at most. The worst part is, this was supposed to be a fight where Broner gets a springboard onto something bigger. Instead, he came away looking worse than when he started.

His stock is at an all time low. The win simply means he might become an easy option for Pac or Khan.

Comment

Working...
                      X