Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermall Charlo: I'll Be Stronger at 160, I Want a Middleweight Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
    You're late to the party - your statement had validity a year ago.
    154 is more talented than 160. 160 are full of bums outside of Golovkin, and Jacobs.

Comment

GGG vs Jermall is the best fight at 160 next to GGG vs Jacobs! Saunders is afraud and CONelo is a coward....end of story

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        what world class fighters are at 154? Fighters in or around the p4p top 10...
        You come across as dumb or biased or maybe both. p4p top 10 is ten fighters and if we stretch that out to p4p top 17 then we would expect to see on average one fighter per division in the p4p top 17.

Now go to p4p top 50 and we might expect to see 3 fighters on average from each division. At MW you got GGG and who else? possibly Jacobs?

As 154 you got Jermall, Lara, Andrade and you did have Canelo - all as a lock in the top 50. Andrade in for skills more than resume.

Comment

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
          154 is more talented than 160. 160 are full of bums outside of Golovkin, and Jacobs.
          Yeah, but that wasn't your point. You calling for him to unify when he already has left. Too late.

Now that he is at MW that is 3 talents and I expect Canelo to make it 4 high level fighters at 160.

Comment

smart business move i guess but not what i want to see as a fan.

then again idk just how badly he was struggling to make 154, if he really couldnt do the weight obviously it wasnt much of a decision.

but i would have prefered to see him stay at 154 and fight canelo or andrade. obviously ggg is a much easier fight that he is likely to get more credit for winning. but as a die hard id rather see him take on the best.

Comment

Charlo sucks not impressed by anything he does in the ring, very generic basic skills

Comment

You come across as dumb or biased or maybe both. p4p top 10 is ten fighters and if we stretch that out to p4p top 17 then we would expect to see on average one fighter per division in the p4p top 17.

Now go to p4p top 50 and we might expect to see 3 fighters on average from each division. At MW you got GGG and who else? possibly Jacobs?

As 154 you got Jermall, Lara, Andrade and you did have Canelo - all as a lock in the top 50. Andrade in for skills more than resume.
                well if its the so called best division in boxing which many were saying it was in that thread, why isnt there a fighter from it in the top 10? Theres probably not even one in most peoples top 20 list. Is a division with a lot of american fighters, therefore americans say its great. IN reality its a division with no world class fighters, no names, and you couldnt make a big fight in that division if you tried. Quite a few boring fighters in the division too, no personalities.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                  HAHAHAHA people here suggeting him vs GGG? You want to see Charlo getting totally destroyed in his first fight at 160? Haymon would NEVER, ever ever let that happen and even the Charlos themselves know they'd need more than a miracle to even survive more than 6 rounds vs GGG.

That kid has to fight some low tier opponents first, let him beat somebody of the caliber of Korobov, Khurtszide or Monroe Jr. and i doubt even he fights these kinds of middleweights, he'll take on even a lower tier guy that has no chance like Akavov, Ishe Smith or Gabe Rosado.
                  If he goes Rosado to acclimatize, Korobov to test. and then a title tilt that would be entirely acceptable and a normal way to step up.
                  I never agreed with all these idiots demanding Golovkin to step up to 168 and fight PfP top 5 Ward in his FIRST fight at 168.

Comment

you aint ready for golovkin boy. not now not ever!

Comment

If he goes Rosado to acclimatize, Korobov to test. and then a title tilt that would be entirely acceptable and a normal way to step up.
                      I never agreed with all these idiots demanding Golovkin to step up to 168 and fight PfP top 5 Ward in his FIRST fight at 168.
                      His brother beat Rosado 3 years ago. No need for that fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X