Arthur abraham is a middleweight..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
    I'm not sure he could beat the likes of Golovkin or Canelo tho
    168 guys cannot hurt himn with open hot and his weird cover up defense. He would be similar to a DAvid lemeuix.....a little better

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
      168 guys cannot hurt himn with open hot and his weird cover up defense. He would be similar to a DAvid lemeuix.....a little better
      it seemed like Gilberto Ramirez was hurting him tho

Comment

At some point at his career Arthur started to believe in his own hype, some people even called him favorite before super 6, he is good German champion, with typical German high-guard style, great chin and character, but nothing more. He has and had very little chance against Golovkin or even Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
          who told you this??? It;s not true
          Way back when I remember hearing he had trouble making weight.

Comment

At 160 everyone was calling him a beast, he and Kessler were favourites to win the super 6. Didn't turn out as great as the hype at the time suggested. Seems to happen a lot at MW, there was also Pavlik who was even on the P4P list and now we have Golovkin. MW = Hype division.

Comment

I used to really like watching back when he was at 160. He was strong at the weight.

Comment

He was an interesting fighter in his prime but he never looked unbeatable. I remember back then I was desperate for him to face Pavlik, and I thought Pavlik would probably beat him

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                  Way back when I remember hearing he had trouble making weight.
                  True. He struggled mightily with the weight and had done so for a couple of years before moving up.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    True. He struggled mightily with the weight and had done so for a couple of years before moving up.
                    Right? Wasn't he in the hospital for dehydration for trying to make his last fight at 160 or some shit?

Comment

He was tough and strong but never too skillful. Would have lost to the elite MWs the same way he lost to elite SMWs.

Comment

Working...
                      X