Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Louis vs Ali, Liston, Frazier, and Foreman?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Billy Conn was a great fighter. Henry Cooper not so much.
    He was also a light heavyweight that hurt Louis. Ali was bigger and better than Conn. Louis was knocked down and hurt far more times than Ali. Also, using a 21 year old 200 pound Cassius Clay is not the best example.
    Last edited by joseph5620; 02-10-2017, 02:54 PM.

Comment

How do you honourable gents see rematches between Louis and these 3 killers going?

Louis was incredible in rematches over the years.

Schmeling 1 - KO loss
      Schmeling 2 - KO1 win

Godoy 1 - very tough points win
      Godoy 2 - KO win

Conn 1 - Outboxed until late KO win
      Conn 2 - Comfortable KO win

JJWalcott 1 - Should have lost
      JJWalcott 2 - KO win.
      Dr. Z Dr. Z likes this.

Comment

All these guys destroy him way to stiff slow basic only crazy idiots say otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by moneytheman View Post
          All these guys destroy him way to stiff slow basic only crazy idiots say otherwise
          You know nothing about boxing. Only crazy idiots would say otherwise.
          Willow The Wisp Willow The Wisp likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post

He was also a light heavyweight that hurt Louis. Ali was bigger and better than Conn. Louis was knocked down and hurt far more times than Ali. Also, using a 21 year old 200 pound Cassius Clay is not the best example.
            - - Joe don't go down vs Sonny Banks or KOed by 175 Cooper or beat up by Doug Jones or befuddled by Rudy Lubbers or beat up by Leon of all people.

Joe debuted vs a better fighter and fought his way up against better fighters and finished his debut year Ring Ranked, so yeah, best not compare to 21 yr old Ali.

Comment

Meh, Evander Holyfield was knocked out by grossly overrated James Toney, who'd gained nothing since his Middleweight prime but 60 pounds of fat. At least Conn was a genuinely great fighter and Louis scored the KO. Does that make Holyfield a poor fighter, or are some people making too much of an Off-Night?

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - Joe don't go down vs Sonny Banks or KOed by 175 Cooper or beat up by Doug Jones or befuddled by Rudy Lubbers or beat up by Leon of all people.

Joe debuted vs a better fighter and fought his way up against better fighters and finished his debut year Ring Ranked, so yeah, best not compare to 21 yr old Ali.
                I thought Louis was the only HW to earn a debut year top ten ranking from The Ring Magazine. Frazier did it as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

I thought Louis was the only HW to earn a debut year top ten ranking from The Ring Magazine. Frazier did it as well?
                  I don't think Frazier did, but could be wrong. He isn't in the 1965 year end ratings. I don't think he entered the top ten until beating Bonavena 13 months after he debuted.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

I don't think Frazier did, but could be wrong. He isn't in the 1965 year end ratings. I don't think he entered the top ten until beating Bonavena 13 months after he debuted.
                    Close! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

Lies..........
                      JAB5239 JAB5239 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X