Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question For Boxing Fans: Age Cutoff/Limit For One To START Boxing Professionally.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question For Boxing Fans: Age Cutoff/Limit For One To START Boxing Professionally.

As the title states, I'm curious to know what you all think the cutoff for a person to start boxing, with the intention of becoming a pro and even a world champion.

In fact, let's break the question down further. What is the cutoff age to start training, and then the cutoff age to turn pro.

So hypothetically speaking, I'm 25, 6'2, 240lbs or so. Never really measured my reach, but its not super long. Never boxed a day in my life. Would it be too late for me? Not actually looking to become a boxer because I lack the talent and temperament (would get knocked out every time, because as soon as I hear b*tches shouting my name, I start showing off, no matter what I'm doing.) I am just using myself as an example, this is a general question.

Discuss below!
    Last edited by P.K Dionysus; 12-06-2016, 12:04 PM.

Not going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
      Not going to happen.
      Lol, you don't know! I could be a late bloomer.

Comment

no its not too late. the difference on a pro level, most likely you will be a regular D class fighter without hitting big achievements

Comment

It depends on weight class. Since you're a heavy weight IE; there's less big mother****ers on the planet than average 5'9-5'10 147 pound people it might not matter as much climbing through the ranks IF you're blessed with athleticism and you learn FAST.

However the top level of the sport is the top level of the sport regardless of weight so you'll hit a wall eventually unless you're the genius of geniuses.

Comment

Working...
          X