Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Inks Promotional With Matchroom Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I highly doubt they'll put him in with Dillian Whyte or Anthony Joshua.

More likely Eddie Hearn is intending to have two world champions in his stable. There's also talk of a promotional agreement of sorts with Joseph Parker. Could end up with a present day Don King type scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Thug View Post
      Hot off the press, Hearn's pulled off a coup here

Exciting heavyweight star Luis 'King Kong' Ortiz has joined forces with Matchroom Boxing as he plans an assault on the Heavyweight World titles. Unbeaten Ortiz is one of the most feared fighters on the planet and has blasted away 22 of his 25 opponents inside the distance, with the vicious Cuban's last two outings underlining his fearsome reputation as dismissed Bryant Jennings in seven rounds to land the interim WBA crown in December and then destroyed Tony Thompson in six rounds in March.
      [Click Here To Read More]
      Surprising but meaningful move -- big money are now in the U.K. and big names started following the money... and Hearn is a very dynamic promoter...

Comment

Smart of Eddie Hearn to sign him. Good way to protect his cash cow from slaughter.

Comment

Gotta admit I thought he was making bad moves left GBP and not facing Ustinov but this has worked out well, good for him.

Interested to see who he faces. Having him vs Chisora or Whyte on a UK card would be a good way of building up interest as he'd look good in a fight like that. The only fight I hope we don't see is Ortiz vs David Price. That would be like Amir Khan facing Tommy Hearns or something.

I don't know how the WBA mess gets worked out. To me the fairest thing would be strip Fury and have Browne face Ortiz for the full WBA belt. After that you have 3 champions (Ortiz, Joshua/Wlad winner, Wilder) who can face each other in huge fights and maybe we can get a recognised true HW champ by the end of the decade.

Comment

Ortiz next fight in Nov.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
              Ortiz next fight in Nov.

will be Molina.
              Hope im right too, good scrap.

Comment

Nice score. GBP feeling like dip****s I bet.Although to be far idk what they were offering Ortiz. Hearn can offer him Joshua.

Comment

Props to Matchroom, didn't see that coming

I just wonder how long hey wait till they put him in with Joshua

Comment

Originally posted by E-Thug View Post
                    Hot off the press, Hearn's pulled off a coup here

Exciting heavyweight star Luis 'King Kong' Ortiz has joined forces with Matchroom Boxing as he plans an assault on the Heavyweight World titles. Unbeaten Ortiz is one of the most feared fighters on the planet and has blasted away 22 of his 25 opponents inside the distance, with the vicious Cuban's last two outings underlining his fearsome reputation as dismissed Bryant Jennings in seven rounds to land the interim WBA crown in December and then destroyed Tony Thompson in six rounds in March.
                    [Click Here To Read More]

come on man...

how you gonna rock a name like that and not have an avatar?????

Comment

definitely didnt expect this move.

As a matter of fact when I got Rafaels email and the headline said "Ortiz signs with Matchroom" my immediate reaction was "why the **** would Hearn want Victor Ortiz??"

Luis didnt even come to mind lol

Comment

Working...
                      X