Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin: No Chance I'd Go To 155, 156, 158 For Canelo!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
    Wait, did this mu****a just say he'll fight at 168?
    Only for Froch or Chavez.

Abel and his big mouth: "GGG can beat anyone from 154 to 168" Who the hell cares, unless you're willing to prove it? Lara wanted it, Canelo wants it at 154, Ward wanted it at 168, yet GGG only fights at 160.

"I am a fighter, not a businessman", if you were a real fighter, you would move up to 168 for Ward (P4P#2), DeGale or Jack, regardless of the $$$'s. Yet he stays at 160, wanting to fight small guys like Canelo, Cotto, Mayweather... (Lara not included)

and apart from the last one, it has to be 160 (for the title understandable)

Comment

• Honestly, if Golovkin calls himself a fighter then why do 164lbs catchweight for Ward? Isn't that business now?

Unfortunately I have to be fair. I just cannot favour Golovkin in every situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craveman View Post
        Honestly, if Golovkin calls himself a fighter then why do 164lbs catchweight for Ward? Isn't that business now?

Unfortunately I have to be fair. I just cannot favour Golovkin in every situation.
        well if you really look at the situation objectively, the whole "164" thing got blown out of proportion by the GGG hate squad. First off, it wasnt even a legitimate offer submitted to Roc. It was an offhand comment from Loeffler to Dan Rafael. But lets pretend for a second that it actually WAS a legitimate offer. So what? So they put out an initial negotiating point. Is it now necessary to concede every point in your first offer? And did Ward respond? Nope. Ward responded much later, after GGG had already inked the Lemieux fight, with an offer that would have required GGG to give up his WBC mando position to the Canelo-Cotto winner in exchange for a 50-50 offer to fight "sometime next year". It was a suckers play, and proved that Ward was never serious about a GGG fight.....

Edit: And just for the record, if GGG and Ward ever fight, I would want it at the full 168 so there are no excuses. But I certainly have no objection to them using weight to get a better money split, or venue, or whatever else they are negotiating.
        Last edited by OnePunch; 11-03-2015, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
          There's all kinds of funny **** about that "deal" Ward's team sent K2.

Also, the whole time Ward was inactive he was talking like he was ready to fight. He even said in an interview that people were using his promotional issues as an excuse to avoid him.
          When HBO asked him if he was ready to fight GGG, Ward brought up his promotional issues lol.
          Which one is it?
          Ward was ready to fight and his promotional issues were just an excuse for fighters to avoid him or was he really not able to fight and he was just conning the fans and talking tough? lol
          Just more bull**** in a long line of bull**** from Andre Ward
          People conveniently use facts around here...all you have to do is say I want to fight so and so and that's enough. Just like Lara did with Golovkin two days before he announced his next fight. I guess team lara booked that fight overnight or something. Ward had a month to book that Golovkin fight, he waited until everyone but the Ward fans knew they were finalizing a fight with David...then it's well see he doesn't want to fight. The guy running Wards career for Rocnation is an industry veteran, these guys don't work deals out in a week. They make sure every intangible is planned plus the fact the deal involved Duva and Kovalev shows this was in the works from back in June.
          Last edited by turnedup; 11-03-2015, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
            What Golovkin and his team are doing is the definition of cherry picking. "I'll fight anybody from 154 to 168" suddenly goes to "I'll only fight Mayweather at 154 and no one else while Ward has to come down to 164."

I understand that he wants to unify the belts at middleweight and I think Cotto should relinquish the belt (should he beat Canelo) or face Golovkin. But GGG really doesn't have much of a say in the negotiations against Cotto or Canelo since they are bigger draws than he is.
            And who isn't "cherry picking" these days??

I think GGG has been consistent.

1) Unifying the MW division
            2) Consider moving up

In the meantime, yep, fighters have different criteria for different prospective opponents. Including Ward, who offered to fight Floyd at 160 and then said he wasn't serious. Including Cotto, Canelo. And Pacquiao before them.

In today's world that's what you do.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
              actually, what Abel said was that GGG could BEAT anyone from 154-168. That doesnt mean that every single fight between 154-168 is makeable though.

I happen to agree with Abel that currently nobody between 154-168 could beat GGG. Thats just my opinion. And it certainly doesnt mean that GGG should concede every negotiating point up front to every other fighter, based on what was offered to another fighter. Like the "well he'd come to 154 for Floyd so therefore he should come to 155 for Canelo doe", or the famous "he agreed 168 for Froch and Chavez so Ward should get same deal doe". These idiots cant comprehend that every single fight has its own set of negotiations, based on the economic leverage of the individual fighters. Floyd has more leverage than Canelo, and Froch/Chavez had more leverage than Ward.

Its not rocket science
              Actually it was triple Gay WHO SAID IT HIMSELF RIGHT NEXT TO ABEL. (and he was not referring to 154 for Floyd fight)

"Can you make 154?" "154 is easy for me" "168 Easy for me" -GayGayGay (Stays fighting "nobodies" at 160 refusing to shed a few pounds for his only BIG FIGHT contenders)

#ContradictionsAndLies
              #CarefulMatchMaking
              #21BumsKoStreak
              Last edited by nielon; 11-03-2015, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                well if you really look at the situation objectively, the whole "164" thing got blown out of proportion by the GGG hate squad. First off, it wasnt even a legitimate offer submitted to Roc. It was an offhand comment from Loeffler to Dan Rafael. But lets pretend for a second that it actually WAS a legitimate offer. So what? So they put out an initial negotiating point. Is it now necessary to concede every point in your first offer? And did Ward respond? Nope. Ward responded much later, after GGG had already inked the Lemieux fight, with an offer that would have required GGG to give up his WBC mando position to the Canelo-Cotto winner in exchange for a 50-50 offer to fight "sometime next year". It was a suckers play, and proved that Ward was never serious about a GGG fight.....

Edit: And just for the record, if GGG and Ward ever fight, I would want it at the full 168 so there are no excuses. But I certainly have no objection to them using weight to get a better money split, or venue, or whatever else they are negotiating.
                How did you know about that?

I give up and I don't care about it anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by BucaRican View Post
                  70/30 with Canelo or Cotto will make him more that he has made and will ever make in his career. He yet again is eating his words. This man at one time said he would fight anyone from 154-168.

Ward- he ran from not enough money.

Cotto and Canelo- no he says this.

His management team are not helping this guy out.
                  Don't believe everything these guys say in the media. Its all to establish position before negotiations. Of course Golovkin will do whatever it takes to make the cotto/canelo fight.

Comment

• well no fight then..

Comment

• He's buying into his own hype, much like Canelo when he tried to supplant Mayweather on the Mexican holiday dates.

Gennady holds NO weight outside of b.s. hype. Golovkin doesn't do numbers (PPV) and his resume is paper thin. He's the B-side against Cotto or Canelo. He has no leverage.

Comment

Working...
                      X