Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did 'Prime' Roy Jones Jr avoid the 6 biggest punchers of his divisions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Subtlety View Post
    i see.

who is patanjali?

He was a yogi that lived around 150 BC and supposedly compiled the Yoga Sutras.

I happened across that quote years ago by accident and just thought it held much truth. I believe it's something to aspire towards.

Comment

• Larry Merchant - It turned out with this fight at least we brought you junk.

Comment

• The only fight I'm not sure bout is g man vs Roy

Comment

• Originally posted by GRboxing View Post
          Liles lol what is going on in here?
          So you would rather watch roy fight brannon,soso, lucas, and paz, then another champion, Liles was a way better opponent than any of those guys. Not saying he was a HOFer or p4p guy, but way more legitimate opponent than those guys....

Originally posted by GRboxing View Post
          Roy was hardly a pro when Liles was fighting cans at light heavyweight
          Liles and roy turned pro around the same time, and liles was a champ when roy moved to 168,,,,,, Not sure about liles fighting lhw, but you could be right about that early in his career, but he was most def a champ at 168 when roy moved there,,, Like i said earlier, liles wasnt some super elite fighter but better than sosa, lucas, brannon, etc........

I dont expect roy to fight every fighter that was around back then, but he should have had at least 2 more names on his resume,,, a benn fight and a nunn fight, would have been better than the fights roy was doing,,, personally i would have liked to see eubanks, liles, and collins fights with roy,,,, Benn and Nunn would have been soundly beaten and G-man was roy's friend and also was ruined in the benn fight by the time roy got to 168..

Comment

Working...
          X