Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone here good at budgeting/saving money?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone here good at budgeting/saving money?

Money is my biggest weakness, im bloody terrible with it.

I get paid a decent amount, my rent is cheap, I should be able to save almost half my wages realistically, but yet i'm starting to get into an unpleasant amount of debt. I just don't know where the money goes.

what habbits do you have apart from posting on boxingscene lol (serious question)

Comment

Originally posted by HUGH JASS View Post
      what habbits do you have apart from posting on boxingscene lol (serious question)
      going out drinking and that.

I could stop that i suppose

Comment

same. terrible, terrible, terrible. most of the time i leave whatever cards in the possession of my lady.

one thing; don't ask terrel for any money. he'll just use the silly excuse that he's saving for his kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
          going out drinking and that.

I could stop that i suppose
          no man should ever stop that lol , are you one of those guys that has to buy everything that comes out? i limit myself to a certain amount each week even more so now that my uncle has no work on for about 2 weeks,try putting a % of your pay to one side or better just put it in an isa account.

Comment

God help me if i am at wal-mart or target with my kid. she can talk me into anything.

Comment

Saving money is a terrible idea. Buy things. Lots of things.

Comment

if it wasn't for my woman i would be rich

Comment

I am real good at saving money.I hit Sainsburys at 7 O Clock when they are reducing the food. I go twice a week spend no more than £8 a time and get around Retail price of £80 of food each time. It goes straight in the freezer. I go to the boot sales every Sunday and if you are prepared to wait a bit what you want always turns up. I buy things cheap at the bootsale and sell it on Ebay and that pays for my rent and petrol for the week.
                  I don't have a credit card and don't want one. When you spend cash you notice the wad go down so it keeps you in check. When I go away I am looking for cheap tickets and buy my clothes in the States and wait until there are bargain deals.
                  A couple of years ago the Sainsbury's check out girl set up at a bootsale selling her items and spotted me and said "Look it is bargain man". I have have got to the point where I just can not waste money ,it makes me feel ill.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
                    I am real good at saving money.I hit Sainsburys at 7 O Clock when they are reducing the food. I go twice a week spend no more than £8 a time and get around Retail price of £80 of food each time. It goes straight in the freezer. I go to the boot sales every Sunday and if you are prepared to wait a bit what you want always turns up. I buy things cheap at the bootsale and sell it on Ebay and that pays for my rent and petrol for the week.
                    I don't have a credit card and don't want one. When you spend cash you notice the wad go down so it keeps you in check. When I go away I am looking for cheap tickets and buy my clothes in the States and wait until there are bargain deals.
                    A couple of years ago the Sainsbury's check out girl set up at a bootsale selling her items and spotted me and said "Look it is bargain man". I have have got to the point where I just can not waste money ,it makes me feel ill.
                    The downside is the girls at sainsurys call you bargain man

Comment

Working...
                    X