No announcement yet.

Dibella taunting De la hoya for Alvarez vs Martinez fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulf View Post
    DiBella is just ****ing pumped to finally have a champion who doesn't disappoint in his stable. Paulie was a warrior but lost his most important fights. Taylors career plummeted fast. Berto pulled out of the Mosley fight, turned down a fight with Cotto, and now it seems he's left DBE.

Lou might actually get to call the shots for once. Good for him.
    yeah, good for lou. it's nice to see other promoters get big names in the game. like goossen with ward. but @ lou tweeting to @boxing and @Idontthinkso. i think he meant to hit the number pound sign instead, so it could have been a hash tag.

@idontthinkso is some random ass chinese person's account, haha.

https://twitter.com/idontthinkso

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
      Canelo gets KTFO.

We know from the Josesito fight that he's there to be hit.

Couple that with the fact that he's never really felt true MW power and the kid goes down in the 4th round.
      Oh we've known that way before the Josesito fight

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
        yeah, good for lou. it's nice to see other promoters get big names in the game. like goossen with ward. but @ lou tweeting to @boxing and @Idontthinkso. i think he meant to hit the number pound sign instead, so it could have been a hash tag.

BAHAHAHA.

But fa real, if he gets a fight with Canelo, I guarantee it's at 154. No way in hell Canelo goes up to 160 to fight the best fighter in the game right now.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post

Comment

DiBella is just ****ing pumped to finally have a champion who doesn't disappoint in his stable. Paulie was a warrior but lost his most important fights. Taylors career plummeted fast. Berto pulled out of the Mosley fight, turned down a fight with Cotto, and now it seems he's left DBE.

Lou might actually get to call the shots for once. Good for him.
            Completely false, don't know where you heard/read that. Miguel Cotto turned down Andre Berto.

Miguel Cotto 'Not Interested' in Andre Berto

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/07/26/so...n-andre-berto/

Comment

Alvarez is a Junior Middle.....

Where are the tweets about Gennady?

Comment

I'm all for this fight. 154 or 160, doesn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Completely false, don't know where you heard/read that. Miguel Cotto turned down Andre Berto.

Miguel Cotto 'Not Interested' in Andre Berto

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/07/26/so...n-andre-berto/
                  They've tried to make it a few times, Kev. The most recent time, HBO tried to make Cotto-Berto and was putting up something like 3.5 million for it. It didn't happen because Berto wanted something like 1.8 of the 3.5.

Everyone was mad and saying Berto was overpaid, because he outpriced himself. He had been getting paid in the area of 1mil to fight bums, so he wanted a big cashout to fight Cotto.

I'm not going to dig up the articles, this is pretty common knowledge I think? It's been a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                    Alvarez is a Junior Middle.....

Where are the tweets about Gennady?
                    Canelo already called out Martinez at 154 and Martinez said he would do.

Stop being so bitter that Martinez KO'd williams. Get over it.

Comment

They've tried to make it a few times, Kev. The most recent time, HBO tried to make Cotto-Berto and was putting up something like 3.5 million for it. It didn't happen because Berto wanted something like 1.8 of the 3.5.

Everyone was mad and saying Berto was overpaid, because he outpriced himself. He had been getting paid in the area of 1mil to fight bums, so he wanted a big cashout to fight Cotto.

I'm not going to dig up the articles, this is pretty common knowledge I think? It's been a while.
                      Common knowledge? Not to me.

Anyway, you said it like Berto ducked Cotto. When actually Berto listed Cottoas one of his dream fights back then when they were both in 147. I see no articles of this so called Berto turning down Cotto. Google can find anything, but all i'm getting is "Berto wants Cotto", "Cotto turns down Berto".

Comment

Working...
                      X