Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CDC: 80,000 people died of flu 2017 winter in U.S., highest death toll in 40 years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven’t had a normal check up in 10 years. I feel like I should reach out to a doctor at some point lol. Don’t know when I last had a tetanus shot, blood test, nothing.

What’s the normal schedule for shots? Not the flu shot, but for other vaccinations? Things like that.

Comment

I just went to Wendy’s. And got someone else food and my girl eat some of the fries??? They wanted the food bag after realizing the mistake! I kept telling the *******s u don’t want the bag back but finally did.

Drive trough food is not safe. They gave the food to the car behind me

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
        I actually read that Vitamin C could potentially be an effective supplement for fighting off a cold or preventing one if you have an athletic level of fitness, but for everyone else, it’s useless.
        No Vitamin C in natural form is very useful in helping, its supplement form, you have to get it from eating fruits and veggies not from pills.

Antioxidants when eaten from foods help build the immune system.

So ifyou want to build up your immune system eat an orange, or apple or kiwi daily and fresh foods instead of vitamin c or antioxidant multi vitamins which are just filled with fillers and other stuff.

Comment

I haven’t had a normal check up in 10 years. I feel like I should reach out to a doctor at some point lol. Don’t know when I last had a tetanus shot, blood test, nothing.

What’s the normal schedule for shots? Not the flu shot, but for other vaccinations? Things like that.
          You can just go to Walgreens and fill out a paper and they will give you your tetanus booster shot it cost like 65 bucks.

tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis (whooping cough) td, tdap shot.

All adults who have not yet received a dose of Tdap, as an adolescent or adult, need to get Tdap vaccine (the adult whooping cough vaccine). Pregnant women need a dose in every pregnancy. After that, you will need a Td booster dose every 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
            No Vitamin C in natural form is very useful in helping, its supplement form, you have to get it from eating fruits and veggies not from pills.

Antioxidants when eaten from foods help build the immune system.

So ifyou want to build up your immune system eat an orange, or apple or kiwi daily and fresh foods instead of vitamin c or antioxidant multi vitamins which are just filled with fillers and other stuff.
            Yeah I would agree with that in getting any kind of nutrition, whole foods are the best way.

But I’m also saying that vitamin c might have some benefits in fighting off a cold.

But there are also certain instances when supplementing can be useful. You need to check the source of what you’re getting and probably talk to you doctor in supplementing. With so many different deficiencies one might potentially have, just blindly supplementing will do more harm that good.
            Last edited by b Murphington; 03-28-2020, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Yeah I would agree with that in getting any kind of nutrition, whole foods are the best way.

But I’m also saying that vitamin c might have some benefits in fighting off a cold.

But there are also certain instances when supplementing can be useful. You need to check the source of what you’re getting and probably talk to you doctor in supplementing. With so many different deficiencies one might potentially have, just blindly supplementing will do more harm that good.
              There are instances in extreme deficiency.

But supplements also are unregulated so people are putting 30 dollar price tags on bottles where they get material from China and add rice filler or tapioca in it.

Its best just to get your vitamins and nutrients from whole foods. after a few weeks of clean eating and daily jogging or cardio you will see a huge difference in your immune system.

but you must be consistent.

Comment

There are instances in extreme deficiency.

But supplements also are unregulated so people are putting 30 dollar price tags on bottles where they get material from China and add rice filler or tapioca in it.

Its best just to get your vitamins and nutrients from whole foods. after a few weeks of clean eating and daily jogging or cardio you will see a huge difference in your immune system.

but you must be consistent.
                Some people are born with certain deficiencies that make it hard for them to eat certain foods that contain a lot of these nutrients. Allergies being a big one, but I know people who can’t eat a whole lot of things. That’s why I say sometimes, talking to a health professional about supplementing is definitely an option.

I would also argue that even for those without diet restrictions, life gets in the way of proper diet sometimes. No one is 100 % consistent and in cases where ones routine is off, I argue that with proper research, possibly with the assistance of a health professional, supplementation could be a viable option. Not the ideal situation, but then again, it’s not an ideal world.

I rarely take supplements myself, except for the occasional cases where I’m not sleeping well.

Comment

Some people are born with certain deficiencies that make it hard for them to eat certain foods that contain a lot of these nutrients. Allergies being a big one, but I know people who can’t eat a whole lot of things. That’s why I say sometimes, talking to a health professional about supplementing is definitely an option.

I would also argue that even for those without diet restrictions, life gets in the way of proper diet sometimes. No one is 100 % consistent and in cases where ones routine is off, I argue that with proper research, possibly with the assistance of a health professional, supplementation could be a viable option. Not the ideal situation, but then again, it’s not an ideal world.

I rarely take supplements myself, except for the occasional cases where I’m not sleeping well.
                  yeah and that is why they call it supplement, it is only used to supplement a diet, not replace. But in general you dont need it if you are healthy human with no syndromes. You must also understand they can become cancerous if they build upin your liver, when you eat the vitamins and minerals store up in your body as well. you discard what you dont need. Its why it would take extreme starvation for you to get malnourished or extreme junk food died

The best thing to do is avoid junk processed high sugars, greasy factory made foods. eat fresh and healthy.

Avoid sleeping supplements like Melatonin you can develop a need for it or tolerance, so you have to up it to fall sleepy, it becomes dangerous because your body may not develop anymore the best thing to build up melatonin is to sleep in complete dark, if you must put your TV on a sleep timer so it turns off or a radio on to help you fall asleep.

Comment

You dont have to eat it every day 2 to 3 times a week is good enough, mackeral and stuff like that is high in it. Vit D stays in your system long
                    - -Mercury and other heavy metals hang around a longer time with negative benefits.

U one of those industry dogooders killing our oceans in the interest of an artificial healthcare construct is it?

I grew up on the gulf coast eating the days catch as it came in, but those halcyon days have been replaced by the worst environmental destruction I've ever witnessed.

So no mas para mi...

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                      - -Mercury and other heavy metals hang around a longer time with negative benefits.

U one of those industry dogooders killing our oceans in the interest of an artificial healthcare construct is it?

I grew up on the gulf coast eating the days catch as it came in, but those halcyon days have been replaced by the worst environmental destruction I've ever witnessed.

So no mas para mi...
                      What do you eat what is your diet like

Comment

Working...
                      X