No announcement yet.

One of my co-workers broke down in absolute tears over Kobe today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of my co-workers broke down in absolute tears over Kobe today

We were in the break room for lunch and while watching the news on Kobe, one of my co-workers just broke down in tears and started crying his eyes out. He was in so much pain that the boss gave him the rest of the day off. The boss said that he understood. It's weird because he never shows any emotion and I've been working with him for over 5 years. His grandmother died last year and he did not even shed a tear and he said he absolutely loved her.

This death is affecting a lot of people.

Rest in peace Kobe. We miss you baby!!!!!!
    Last edited by HitmanTommy; 01-27-2020, 01:09 PM.

People crying over famous people that don't even know they exist is weirdo sh^t to me. It's shocking & eye opening when a famous person dies young cuz you tend to think they are untouchable to something like death til they are 60+ despite all the evidence to the contrary. But legit crying over it is odd to me.

Comment

i was there the day kolbe scored his 500th touchdown

this hits really close to home

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
        We were in the break room for lunch and while watching the news on Kobe, one of my co-workers just broke down in tears and started crying his eyes out. He was in so much pain that the boss gave him the rest of the day off. The boss said that he understood. It's weird because he never shows any emotion and I've been working with him for over 5 years. His grandmother died last year and he did not even shed a tear and he said he absolutely loved her.

What a koksmoker...

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post

So he cries for a guy he didn't know but not his grandmother. That's just ****ing weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            People crying over famous people that don't even know they exist is weirdo sh^t to me. It's shocking & eye opening when a famous person dies young cuz you tend to think they are untouchable to something like death til they are 60+ despite all the evidence to the contrary. But legit crying over it is odd to me.
            I feel the same.

Comment

i NEVER give a sht about celebrities dying but Kobe is a childhood hero and inspiration to many.
              i was almost in tears yesterday. so this instance, i totally understand if you see a grown ass man tearing up.

Comment

It was a tragic loss, but people need to get a perspective on this celebrity worship. It's normal to feel bummed out and shook over the passing of a favorite celebrity, but shedding tears just seems strange to me. It tells me these fans have invested way too much of themselves into the lives of a total stranger who doesn't even know you exist. Not healthy.

Comment

Hopefully they put him in for grievance pay

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                    It tells me these fans have invested way too much of themselves into the lives of a total stranger who doesn't even know you exist. Not healthy.
                    Oh no doubt.

I remember as a kid when Mike Tyson lost I was effed up for days over it. Granted he didn't die but I was such a fan that him having a bad day & losing was an L for me too lmfao.

Looking back now I can see I was overly invested in Tyson waaaay too much. Its not a healthy way to look at athletes or celebs. Enjoy the entertainment of it all but being too invested in other peoples sh^t slows you down if not outright stops your own forward mobility among other issues with being too into other peoples sh^t instead of your own.

Comment

Working...
                    X