Collapse
No announcement yet.

Junior Dos Santos your new HW champion!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so happy. Im a fanboy for JDS and seeing him with the belt has made my day.

I picked him to win due to his boxing and power but i didnt expect a 1 punch KO. Cain wasnt himself but he seemed content to trade with the superior boxer so....

It makes me laugh when people said Cain would rape JDS...lol. Never write off Cigano. They said the same thing when he fought Carwin...

Overeem, imo, will beat Lesnar and give JDS his biggest fight yet...providing he doesnt fail a drugs test lol. In all seriousness though, i reckon both Brock and Overeem would have chances to beat Junior. Brock with his wrestling, providing JDS doesnt wreck him in the stand up and Alistair with his kickboxing and thunderous knee strike.

Comment

No we cain't!

Congrats JDS, a huge fan awesome win and we finally get rid of Cain.

Comment

Originally posted by chosen0309 View Post
        I don't think it looked good for the UFC. Stupid to have just one fight, and it wasn't the greatest knockout i've seen. I couldn't really tell how hurt Cain was, I'll have to watch it again. I'm sure a lot of mexican fans are pissed. I think UFC just lost a potentially big fan base. Don't see how it would draw more fans to the sport to be honest with you. This whole night (Pac fight and undercard not too great either-except for Prescot-Alvarez) has left me very dissapointed.
        You serious? Pac/Marquez undercard was action packed. Bradley/Casamayor was a bit of a snoozer, but that was because it had followed two exciting fights.

The UFC needs more Anderson Silva type champions. Guys who can make it past their first title defense. IMO how can we give MMA fighters credibility for their skills if they lose every second fight! Congrats to JDS though.

Comment

Originally posted by chosen0309 View Post
          I don't think it looked good for the UFC. Stupid to have just one fight, and it wasn't the greatest knockout i've seen. I couldn't really tell how hurt Cain was, I'll have to watch it again. I'm sure a lot of mexican fans are pissed. I think UFC just lost a potentially big fan base. Don't see how it would draw more fans to the sport to be honest with you. This whole night (Pac fight and undercard not too great either-except for Prescot-Alvarez) has left me very dissapointed.
          Enlighten us please...Is it because a Mexican won the fight or a Mexican lost the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
            You serious? Pac/Marquez undercard was action packed. Bradley/Casamayor was a bit of a snoozer, but that was because it had followed two exciting fights.
            I meant the decision was disappointing and Pac didn't live up to expectations. The fight was great! but I thought Marquez won the fight even though I'm a Pac fan. So the fight really didn't settle the score in my opinion. I'll have to watch again and score the rounds. Yes, Bradley/Casamayor was snoozer, Prescott/Alvarado was awesome.

Originally posted by led View Post
            Enlighten us please...Is it because a Mexican won the fight or a Mexican lost the fight?
            Junior Dos Santos isn't mexican. He's Brazilian.

Cain has a lot of mexican fans, so i'm sure they were not happy to see their guy lose. And I think they were pissed because it ended so quickly.
            Last edited by chosen0309; 11-13-2011, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Cain and Dos Santos are both great!

Comment

JDS vs Reem, let's do it my fav hws going at it.

Comment

yup. and I'm proud that I joined the Dos Santos bandwagon going on 2 years now.

Comment

Working...
                  X