Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm glad GGG won't be considered in p4p #1 discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P4P has always been a joke to me no matter what. Terence crawford is not going to fight a middleweight, let alone a heavyweight. Same with loma. They should change the name to best accolades list or something. Pound for pound sounds tacky to me.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
      How many weightclasses has Broner been champ in?

Just because a guy didn't drain himself to start his career, or didn't turn pro early, doesn't mean anything, it's who you beat not how many weightclasses you climb. Weight climbing should only be impressive when a guy is leaving his weight to fight bigger men, Crawford at 147 is right at home. Broner was actually out of his weight at 147, thus Broner = more impressive, using your logic.
      Name a single risk that ggg took as big as Broner moving up 3 weight classes to fight champions like Maidana and Porter? He called out everyone from 154-168 and refused to budge.

He just lost to a guy with 0 wins over another MW.
      His best win is a razor thin decision to Jacobs who'd already been crushed.
      His 3rd best win Lemieux has been destroyed by Alcine, Rubio & Saunders.

The guy is 36 years old. By age 29 he wasn't even ready for the champions having gone life and death with Kassim Ouma.

His MW accomplishments aren't even more impressive than Abraham who made 10 defenses at 160 before taking a massive risk in challenging 168. And his win over Taylor is still better than anyone ggg has beaten.

Comment

Working...
      X