Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Hi Tech" Lomachenko vs Mikey Garcia @ 135 lbs / 9 Stone 9: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Mikey but out of respect for Loma’s skill I’ll say by decision.

Comment

I pick Loma by decision BUT...

I wouldn't underestimate Mikey's boxing IQ. He is smarter than given credit for, and he has a smart camp.

That doesn't mean he outboxes Loma, what I mean is, don't underestimate their camps ability to get Mikey success in the fight. I could easily see him bringing a technical pressure fighter style and putting Loma under a lot of stress. He also has game changing power against these little guys, I would not at all dismiss Mikey's chances.

Comment

Tough call but leaning towards Loma. Mikey is very clinical and precise but he doesn't have anything close to Loma's versatility. I think he might be knocked out of his stride by Loma's ability to mix everything up, the range, the angles, the points of attack. Mikey's power can't be ignored but I think Loma is crafty enough to stay out of its way and still outwork Mikey.

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
          Mikey sons him the way Salido did
          Robert Garcia was already talking about having to beat Lomachenko with pressure like Salido did. Idk who wins but I'd be like 55/45 Mikey.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
            I pick Loma by decision BUT...

I wouldn't underestimate Mikey's boxing IQ. He is smarter than given credit for, and he has a smart camp.

That doesn't mean he outboxes Loma, what I mean is, don't underestimate their camps ability to get Mikey success in the fight. I could easily see him bringing a technical pressure fighter style and putting Loma under a lot of stress. He also has game changing power against these little guys, I would not at all dismiss Mikey's chances.
            Well said. More or less how I see it as well.

Mikey is a crafty, active fighter with power, and unlike Rigo, doesn't have a history of doing just enough to win - Mikey comes at you with ill intentions, but calculated ones.

Comment

Loma by annihilation.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                Tough call but leaning towards Loma. Mikey is very clinical and precise but he doesn't have anything close to Loma's versatility. I think he might be knocked out of his stride by Loma's ability to mix everything up, the range, the angles, the points of attack. Mikey's power can't be ignored but I think Loma is crafty enough to stay out of its way and still outwork Mikey.
                Yeah i agree. Mikey is so reliant on his timing, and Loma just looks impossible to time.

That said, i remember a WSB fight Loma had against Sam Maxwell (their second fight), and Maxwell was able to have success with a good well timed jab as VL came forward and small backwards steps to stay out of Loma's zone of terror. Loma still won easy, Maxwell wasnt on his level, but it didnt look comfortable. Might watch that again to see if i misremembered it.

Could see Mikey having similar success, and with his lights out power at 135, who knows. Would make Lomachenko favourite though

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                  Hahaha loma beats an old man from two divisions below yet he now beat "everybody ".

You fuucking noobs are hilarious.

Mikey too powerful for Loma who has never faced a real power puncher.

Garcia flat lines Loma within 6 that pitty pat ***** wont work on bigger guys
                  I coulda sworn that guy Nicholas Walters was considered one of the hardest punchers p4p when Loma fought him

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
                    I coulda sworn that guy Nicholas Walters was considered one of the hardest punchers p4p when Loma fought him
                    That has no bearing on this fight though, Walters and Mikey are nothing alike.

Walters was hyped because he became a Lomachenko opponent by the way.

Mikey has long been respected as one of the best in his weight class range.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                      Another uniformed idiot making idiotic statements.

Comment

Working...
                      X