No announcement yet.

Dubois or Joyce

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dubois or Joyce

Which of the two, Dubois or Joyce, do you feel is going to win a world title first (or will both fail)?

Or is there another British heavyweight you see getting there?

I'd go with Daniel Dubois. He's only just turned 20 and is a real specimen. Could be around a long time if managed correctly. There's talk of him fighting the British champion Sam Sexton in his next fight. Only his 6th fight that will be. Physically he can compete with anyone, just needs experience and to learn the craft.

Comment

Double D is the future.With the right fights at the right time he can rule for a long time.He comes from a fighting family,his great great great great grandmother was a bareknuckle fighting champion if I remember correctly.His brother and sister are also highly touted fighters but are only in the amateur ranks.

Comment

Honestly I don't know much about Joe Joyce. When I first heard his name it reminded me of all the gypsy feuds I used to love watching on YouTube back in the day. Twas always the Joyce's versus the Nevins'. In my opinion taking on Ian Lewison in his debut is a risk. I wouldn't say Lewison is that great from what I've seen, has more bark than bite. If he doesn't blast him out emphatically then he isn't going anywhere soon. Time isn't on his side either.

Comment

Has to be Dubois just due to his age. Joyce is a much better fighter than he looks though, and I expect him to get to a decent level in pro boxing.

If he has the chin and stamina to pull off his marauding non stop style over 12 with small hard gloves on, then he will be a nightmare for anyone.

Really like the look of Dubois, though we have only had little snippets to go on. Hope that Frank can get him a proper durable HW next.

Comment

Dont forget French Tony Yoka !

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              Which of the two, Dubois or Joyce, do you feel is going to win a world title first (or will both fail)?

Or is there another British heavyweight you see getting there?
              Triple D is not only the Future of British Heavyweight Boxing but also the Future of World Heavywight Boxing.

I think he'll be the Dominant Heavyweight in the 2020's.

What i like best about Triple D is that he's already a very fluid boxer and mixing up his punches both to the head and body. You can tell he's actually putting some thought into his work rather then just being a wham bam KO Artist.

The problem with Joyce is that is already 32 years old, which you might say isn't too old in the Heavyweight Division compared to the likes Luis Ortiz but it's going to lead to him being rushed too quickly and becoming unstuck down the line...not against low level guys like Ian Lewison but once he starts fighting Top 50 Guys.

Every boxer needs at least 2 years bedding in period before they start fighting Top Level Guys.
              Last edited by Boxnation fan; 10-11-2017, 12:27 PM.

Comment

joe joyce.

Comment

Haven't seen Joyce as a pro yet & not sure I've seen him as an amateur if I'm being honest so I'll have to wait & see what he looks like in his debut before I'll have much of an opinion, but if they both were stocks I'd definitely have a nice amount in Daniel Dubois industries thats for sure.

Joyce is older & likely to be hit or miss real quick or more likely some middle ground between hit or miss while Dubois could be a guy who wins a title & has a super long reign or something crazy like that.

Dubois upside is WAYYYYYYYYYYYY bigger than Joyce's basically & when so much is unknown about both sides still that means a lot.

Comment

Well obviously Joyce may fight for one first, according to David Haye? He wants to fast track Joe Joyce, due to him already having 20+ fights in the world amateur boxing series etc But overall I think Danial Dubois is a better fighter than Joyce........

Comment

Working...
                    X