No announcement yet.

A heavyweight tournament.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A heavyweight tournament.

Let's say there are 6 spots. What 6 would you want in it and who would come out on top?

Mine would be:

1. Fury
    2. Klitschko
    3. Wilder
    4. Povetkin
    5. Ortiz
    6. Martin

As tempting as it is to pick Martin as the winner, I tend to lean towards Fury to win it it all.

Thoughts??

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
    Let's say there are 6 spots. What 6 would you want in it and who would come out on top?

Mine would be:

1. Fury
    2. Klitschko
    3. Wilder
    4. Povetkin
    5. Ortiz
    6. Martin

As tempting as it is to pick Martin as the winner, I tend to lean towards Fury to win it it all.

Thoughts??
    I think tournaments like this work better with lower level fighters to determine the true contenders to the throne and give clarity to the division's landscape. When you have top guys like Fury and Wlad in there mixing it with the likes of Charles Martin it all seems a bit pointless.

Comment

Martin as the winner? That dude is HORRIBLE.

Comment

Martin has to be in it as a current champ but the winner????? Didn't something similar happen around the time Mike Tyson unified the belts. Guys fought off until Mike and I think either Smith or Tucker fought for all the marbles.

It's not a horrible concept, particularly as you then have young guns like Joshua and Parker ready to challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Beyonce Bomber View Post
          I think tournaments like this work better with lower level fighters to determine the true contenders to the throne and give clarity to the division's landscape. When you have top guys like Fury and Wlad in there mixing it with the likes of Charles Martin it all seems a bit pointless.
          Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          Martin as the winner? That dude is HORRIBLE.
          Where is PBP? Can you let these dudes know how good Charles Martin is?

Comment

I think the tournament should determine who is worthy enough to challenge Charles Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
              I think the tournament should determine who is worthy enough to challenge Charles Martin.
              So he should get unlimited byes until a clear contender sorts out? That's a great idea, actually.

Comment

Where is PBP? Can you let these dudes know how good Charles Martin is?
                Originally posted by PBP. View Post
                So he should get unlimited byes until a clear contender sorts out? That's a great idea, actually.
                I see what's going on now...

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                  I see what's going on now...
                  have you seen the light yet bro?

Comment

Either Wilder or Ortiz would be my favorites.

Comment

Working...
                    X