No announcement yet.

Gennady golovkins greatness Pro boxers AND trainers give their take on ggg

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    hey genius...dont like the threads stop posting in them....I posted a video and didnt even leave a comment...woke up and checked out the comments this morning

....im not losing sleep, money or blessings because of your opinion of me...i couldnt care less...this is a boxing forum and you're just some guy on the internet to me, so your opinion means as much as a blip on the radar

i guess you missed the laila ali thread i posted yesterday, or the roy jones appreciation thread...I have a mayweather-castillo scoring thread up

are you a stalker? if you actually wanted see different threads ive made, you'll see

I also made a hopkins/Jones thread my bad you didnt see them, not my problem

Instead of playing damage control for GGG try reading and posting in other threads man
    Most of the time, I don't post in your shitty threads. The reason I posted in one now is because I was responding to users I respect more than you.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
      The reason Floyd and Broner especially were hated is because they're out of ring personas were corny and obnoxious.

I've already said why Ward is hated, he thinks he's some big super star and demands to be treated like one, while the reality is completely different.

Golovkin has fought eight top 10 fighters in his division, just because he's much better than them it doesn't change the fact that they were top MWs.

And surely you can tell the difference between fighting PPV fighters with huge following like Carl Froch or JCC and fighting inactive at the time Andre Ward who's not a draw and just fought on BET.

It's all about money and you know it.
      That is a small, small part of it IMO.

Others, including GGG, act like that and they are not nearly as big stars as they think That isn't a valid reason for some of the comments made about him.

Ok, if its all about money, then criticize GGG the same way you have others who you state are make decision based on the money.

His fans give him a pass for this for the reasons Rumack listed in his post we quoted. When certain boxers do it-GGG fans kill them for it. WHen GGG does it, they turn the other cheek and then attack anyone that mentions it.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        You forgot to add Sergio Martinez opinion. Take a look at my signature. Thanks.

Comment

Most of the time, I don't post in your shitty threads. The reason I posted in one now is because I was responding to users I respect more than you.
          ....if thats the case....save yourself some time and dont post in this one or any other going forward.....simple solution

once again, you are nothing to me but text on a computer screen...newsflash fool...i dont know you and could give two wooden cents about your respect...

keep it moving son..

Comment

i've seen this video a while ago but to be fair Dante baits people into giving an answer he wants. if someone doesn't (like Jeff Mayweather) he keeps circling back and tries to catch them to say something negative about GGG.

Skill wise GGG is out of this world. Resume doesn't match his skill level, not that his resume is bad but he is so good that everyone at middleweight is considered a bum.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
              And all of Floyd, Wilder, Ward, Crawford, etc.'s detractors are Golovkin fans. The sad part of that situation is that none of those dudes act or fight alike.

This site has turned into racists accusing others of being racist.

Waiting for Golovkin fan to step up and say....I'm not racist...I love Thomas Hearns!!
              Not really directed at you here, but with your comments, Big Dunn and others. I feel like you guys are trying to wrap all GGG fans in a box with a nice little bow on top. All I can give you is the reasons I like the guy. GGG is highly skilled and one bad mother****er. He has shown more than a willingness to fight anyone in his division. In fact he has gone out of his way to try and make some fights, far above what most if not all fighters on his level would be willing to do. He is trying to become undisputed champion. I support any fighter that does that, but the sad part is, I can count on one hand the guys in boxing who are actually looking to clear out their division. So yeah, when a guy is looking to be the best in his division, not the most popular, I'm all aboard the hype train.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                That is a small, small part of it IMO.

Others, including GGG, act like that and they are not nearly as big stars as they think That isn't a valid reason for some of the comments made about him.

Ok, if its all about money, then criticize GGG the same way you have others who you state are make decision based on the money.

His fans give him a pass for this for the reasons Rumack listed in his post we quoted. When certain boxers do it-GGG fans kill them for it. WHen GGG does it, they turn the other cheek and then attack anyone that mentions it.
                Golovkin doesn't act like Ward and isn't delusional about his status. Most of the heat he gets from his detractors is because of his dumb ass trainer's comments. But asking Canelo to fight for a MW crown at the full MW limit for example, isn't delusional, it's right.

As for the last two paragraphs, just say Floyd, stop beating around the bush.
                Last edited by Szef; 02-05-2016, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                  Not really directed at you here, but with your comments, Big Dunn and others. I feel like you guys are trying to wrap all GGG fans in a box with a nice little bow on top. All I can give you is the reasons I like the guy. GGG is highly skilled and one bad mother****er. He has shown more than a willingness to fight anyone in his division. In fact he has gone out of his way to try and make some fights, far above what most if not all fighters on his level would be willing to do. He is trying to become undisputed champion. I support any fighter that does that, but the sad part is, I can count on one hand the guys in boxing who are actually looking to clear out their division. So yeah, when a guy is looking to be the best in his division, not the most popular, I'm all aboard the hype train.
                  I clearly stated some and not all of GGG fans are like this DreamerUSA.

You may like him for those reasons. A lot of his fans are old Manny fans that jumped on his bandwagon once Manny lost to Floyd.

Well he did that with everyone except Andre Ward, a guy he wouldn't be favored to beat, which is why many have criticized him.

Golovkin doesn't act like Ward and isn't delusional about his status. Most of the heat gets comes from his dumb ass trainer's comments. But asking Canelo to fight for a MW crown at the full MW limit for example, isn't delusional, it's right.

As for the last two paragraphs, just say Floyd, stop beating around the bush.
                  Very few disagree with the points about the weight of the MW title defense in principle. However, some are pointing out that GGG (as you touched on in an earlier post) "could comfortably make 154 for Floyd", so they asked why not 155.

IMO the only way Floyd figures into this is a lot of GGG's fanbase are still desperate for someone to beat Floyd. They flirted with ODH, didn't work out. Then it was Shane, then Manny. Both failed. So they need someone new.

The "unhealthy obsession" you mentioned before is the majority of NSB being so desperate and eager for Floyd to lose. I doubt though you will admit it.

Added to this unhealthy obsession is the fact GGG is the first guy with the same skin color as a lot of these dudes to be the "guy to beat Floyd" so it gets ratcheted up a notch. To have Floyd lose-to a white guy-oh the happiness would be over the top.

Again it isn't every GGG fan as I always point out. But you are not an idiot. You see this. I just wish the decent GGG fans would say more about it.
                  Last edited by The Big Dunn; 02-05-2016, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    I clearly stated some and not all of GGG fans are like this DreamerUSA.

You may like him for those reasons. A lot of his fans are old Manny fans that jumped on his bandwagon once Manny lost to Floyd.

Well he did that with everyone except Andre Ward, a guy he wouldn't be favored to beat, which is why many have criticized him.

Very few disagree with the points about the weight of the MW title defense in principle. However, some are pointing out that GGG (as you touched on in an earlier post) "could comfortably make 154 for Floyd", so they asked why not 155.

IMO the only way Floyd figures into this is a lot of GGG's fanbase are still desperate for someone to beat Floyd. They flirted with ODH, didn't work out. Then it was Shane, then Manny. Both failed. So they need someone new.

The "unhealthy obsession" you mentioned before is the majority of NSB being so desperate and eager for Floyd to lose. I doubt though you will admit it.
                    Like I said self-promoting when he was relatively unknown. And Floyd never been a MW champ like Canelo is now.

Why wouldn't I admit it? It's true.

But what's also true is that Golovkin, NSB most hated fighter now that Floyd's retired, gets most of his idiotic criticism from people who desperately want to see him lose too. At all costs. That's true and you know it.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                      I respect this. But my posts don't really apply to fans like yourself.

My comments were more geared towards people like Dr. Rumack who constantly cry racism on one end but ignore it on the other. Who thinks that all GGG critics are extreme Floyd fans when it is much more widespread than that. That's ignorance.

If you don't agree with the criticisms address them and if you can't reach an agreement, then respectfully disagree.

But unfortunately, this forum is the land of "My opinion is right and if you disagree you're an idiot or racist."

Comment

Working...
                      X