No announcement yet.

Salvador Sanchez at 130.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salvador Sanchez at 130.

What if Sanchez moved up to super featherweight between 1980 and 1981? Could he have picked up a belt there?

Who could beat him? Seriously Gomez, LaPorte, Pedrosa would need a bat!
    Salvador is one of the best all around boxers I've ever seen and he was beating very good competition long before he reached his potental.
    ATG fighter!
    Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      Who could beat him? Seriously Gomez, LaPorte, Pedrosa would need a bat!
      Salvador is one of the best all around boxers I've ever seen and he was beating very good competition long before he reached his potental.
      ATG fighter!
      Ray
      What happened against Pat Cowdell ?

Comment

No doubt Sanchez would grab a 130 belt.

I don't think anyone around back then could have beaten him until he went to 135 and fought arguello

Comment

sonyb2............"What happened against Pat Cowdell" ?

After loosing to Sanchez he went on to get stopped 2 or 3 times before retiring! Is that the same Cowdell that you think beat Sanchez? HA!
          Ray

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
            What happened against Pat Cowdell ?
            Sanchez won a lopsided decision

Comment

Would have been interesting to see how sanchez's career unfolded had he not met such a sudden, tragic end..

I can envision him probably fighting Martinez, Gomez 2, before going up to 130vs Laporte 2, and then eventually to 135-140 vs Mancini, arguello, bramble, pryor.. Probably by late 80s passing the torch to chavez

Comment

The young master was going to be the greatest fighter Mexico ever produced. The case can still be made that he was. The young master boxed in circles, and the opposition he defeated is arguably as good or better than who Chacez defeated, is it not?

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                  The young master boxed in circles, and the opposition he defeated is arguably as good or better than who Chacez defeated, is it not?
                  That's a good question. The biggest wins on his record would appear to be Wilfredo Gomez, Danny "Little Red" Lopez, Ruben Castillo, a young Azumah Nelson and a young Juan Laporte.

He was certainly on his way to building up one hell of a resume at only 23 years old.

Comment

Seemed Sanchez had troubles against certain styles. I doubt he would have won a rematch against Nelson but guys like LaPorte would be easy for him.

Comment

Working...
                    X