Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy jones reacts to espn rating golovkin above him as greatest middleweights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get this if it is just about middleweight.

Roy still has a name- BHop- that trumps ANY win G has.

But G has more work in at 160, so I get it as far as middleweight.

The problem is ESPN or whoever has no business putting Roy's name in it if it is just about middleweight.

That's like saying G gets the middleweight nod over SRL, tell us some shyte we don't know because he is famous mostly at lighter weights. But even Ray has a better name on his resume than G at 160.

Now, if they are saying P4P, they shouldn't even mention G in the same article as Roy.

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
      Canelo better than James toney ? Lol wait till he loses then people will bring his rating right back down to reality
      I think people are a bit high from his victory
      Agreed, Canelo is no JT.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Resembles Toney how???
        The way he moves at times. That calm but almost disdainful demeanor in the pocket and ferocity in the response/off the counter. An effortless and natural ability at countering and slipping without necessarily having to use or rely on their feet. It’s like theyre rooted to the ground and are beyond comfortable standing straight infront of you — even on the ropes. And hell, it’s an attribute and unrelated (but why not?) but once you get past the skill and land your homerun punch? Nothing happens. Iron chin.

Yes, their punch delivery and many other things arent *exactly* the same, but sometimes even that is...and in terms of resemblance it’s...a spiritual resemblance, if you will.

Not as much in this fight of course but in others.

If I had to try to explain it in a sense... hmm...

It’s not as close a resemblance like Finito Lopez and JM Marquez (to me) but it’s there. Obviously there (imo).

Like if I didn’t know better and someone said James Toney had a protoge and it was Canelo, I would not be surprised by that at all. I’d see the “inspiration”.

Everytime someone says he resembles Floyd since he improved his defense I’m always like “I see Toney not Floyd.”
        Last edited by NearHypnos; 09-20-2018, 11:02 PM.

Comment

he only held one championship title at 160 whereas Gee was a unified title holder counting as well the title defenses and the streak of consecutive knockouts ggg had.

most of jones's historic feat were at higher weights so this should be fair.

Comment

Time reveals all.

In a few months (maybe years) Gennady's "ranking" will fall like an anvil in the ocean. The dude is a professional Cab beater. His best accomplishment in the professional ranks are a draw and loss against a JMW in Canelo and a razor-thin win against Danny Jacobs (who looked horrible against Sulecki and Arias). Aside from that he ducked:

- Andre Ward (challenged at 168 then required CW at 164)
            - Cotto at 155/157
            - Canelo at 155/157
            - Kell Brook at 157
            - Lara at any weight
            - Mora at any weight
            - Demetrius Andrade
            - Sergei Dervenchenko
            - Billy Joe Saunders (signed to fight him, but then backed out for $$ to fight Canelo in a rematch)

Meanwhile Gennady *has* fought:

- A retired JMW on 2 weeks notice coming off a 3-3 stretch @ JMW over 2 years ago
            - A man on house arrest
            - A welterweight (who needed to move up 13 pounds since Gennady wouldn't concede 3 pounds)
            - Dozens of professional cab drivers and part-time fighters
            - Countless JMW fighters

Again, Gennady never moved up/down 1 pound and required every opponent or potential opponent to meet him and his demands:

- Always fight at 160
            - Pick opponents Gloves
            - Have Abel wrap opponents hands
            - Complain about incidental consumption of Mexican meat
            - Require WBC 365
            - Complain about Canelo's Cock size??

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
              Fuck ESPN, and fuck lame ass Golovkin

Roy with the truth.

Golovkin hasn't proved a damn thing.
              Last edited by DARKSEID; 09-20-2018, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                Canelo ironically resembles James Toney stylistically in many ways.

Obviously Canelo has more drive/dedication/discipline but yeah.

GGG over Roy any day in terms of MW ranking. Fair is fair and GGG has earned it over a long Mw career.
                This has to be the most ******ed post in NSB history. Canelo fights NOTHING like Toney.

RJJ was light years better than GGG. I think you need to get blocked. I can't read this level of ****** willingly.

Comment

Of course GGG is ahead of him at middleweight, poor resume notwithstanding. Roy's best work was above 160. There's a big difference between being a greater fighter that fought in a division and a greater fighter at a division.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
                    Prime Roy wins by murder within 6 rounds.

Comment

Well GGG never took ped's like roy so........yeah jones whole career is fraudulent

Comment

Working...
                      X