Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hurd: Charlo Will Be Easier Than Lara - I Know I Can Stop Him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
    Charlo has a jacket on and still looks smaller.
    Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
    Hurd appears to have a much larger frame, especially in the shoulders.
    Did you notice that he's turned at an angle? They are close in size for sure. Hurd is bigger but not by enough to just lay on Charlo and wear him down.

Comment

I think the style matchup on paper favors Charlo. Hurd can box when he needs to (as evidenced in his fights prior to Harrison) but I think Swift has grown accustomed to his newer style of stalking and breaking down opponents. Charlo seems a little more disciplined in his defense and punch selection.

All that being said, I do think Charlo is a little shook over Hurd. Hurd stopped the dude that neither Charlo could stop and both looked bad in winning sloppy decisions (I think Hurd's style compared to the Charlos' is a style more conducive to stopping a Trout). Also Hurd is calling out Charlo while it's usually Charlo calling out people. A Lion isn't used to be the hunted. Everytime I've heard Charlo talk about Hurd, he seems a little rattled.
      Charlo called out Hurd first. Not sure where the rattled comes from.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
        Go get your money back because Peterson did not loose that one against Fanny Gift Farceia
        Lmao! Fanny Gift Farceia!!! Good one!

Comment

Originally posted by FLEX U.K View Post
          Tell me about bro, i usually get it wrong when it comes to being biased with U.K fighters. Heart rules my head too often when U.K fighters are involved. I lost a fortune backing Cleverly against Jack.............we all know how that turned out lol!
          Oh yea.. I picked jack for that one.. lol. But.. in the same, "heart rules head" I picked trout over canelo.. Trout had just beat cotto... so I was thinking that trout's experience would edge the decision over the young canelo.. what a punch from canelo in the seventh!!. he made my homey trout do the stanky leg! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
            Lololololol.. All Lara had to do is not fall down in the last round and that money was yours. I actually still felt he sneaked it but I went off Lara when he gave the fight back to Canelo after the 7th round. I was disgusted in his heart in that fight after the 7th. Prior to that it was an absolute materclass
            Lol.. that uppercut he caught lara with had him leaking.. he danced a lot more after that. But Canelo only landed 10 punches on Lara's face.. and like 105 body punches. Lara hit canelo in the face over a hundred times.. and like 30 bodyshots.. Lara still won to me.. but I lost my money regardless.. but hey.. ya win some.. ya lose some..

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
              Charlo called out Hurd first. Not sure where the rattled comes from.
              It's my perception of when I see him interviewed and talk about Hurd. Just my opinion and you have yours, we can agree to disagree. As I said, I think stylistically I think Charlo matches up very favorably to Hurd. On paper, I think he probably beats Hurd but I also think that there's a mental aspect at play; Hurd stopped a dude in Trout that neither Charlo brother could either stop or look good against. In addition, Hurd beat and dropped Lara who trains with the Charlo brothers. Hurd's fight with Lara was razor thin and Lara landed his shots but nobody has ever punished Lara like that in a fight. I think all of that gets into Mell's head.

Comment

It's my perception of when I see him interviewed and talk about Hurd. Just my opinion and you have yours, we can agree to disagree. As I said, I think stylistically I think Charlo matches up very favorably to Hurd. On paper, I think he probably beats Hurd but I also think that there's a mental aspect at play; Hurd stopped a dude in Trout that neither Charlo brother could either stop or look good against. In addition, Hurd beat and dropped Lara who trains with the Charlo brothers. Hurd's fight with Lara was razor thin and Lara landed his shots but nobody has ever punished Lara like that in a fight. I think all of that gets into Mell's head.
                If Charlo felt that Lara was better than him, maybe what you said would seem logical. Also, both Charlo's were adamant that they'd have stopped Trout if he hadn't conceded the loss and simply looked to survive. Another thing, Jermell hasn't trained with Ronnie Shields for the last 3 years. He's trained by Derrick James in a different gym so no, he doesn't train with Lara. Does this sound like a guy who's rattled?

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...tt-hurd-let-go

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                  If Charlo felt that Lara was better than him, maybe what you said would seem logical. Also, both Charlo's were adamant that they'd have stopped Trout if he hadn't conceded the loss and simply looked to survive. Another thing, Jermell hasn't trained with Ronnie Shields for the last 3 years. He's trained by Derrick James in a different gym so no, he doesn't train with Lara. Does this sound like a guy who's rattled?

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...tt-hurd-let-go
                  Like I said, we just going to have to agree to disagree on this one. People judge body language and interviews different. Just a matter of two opinions. I respect yours and I think we are both in agreement that we both look forward to this one happening.

Comment

I thought a Lara-Hurd rematch was ordered. Did papa Haymon stop it? What's Lara doing?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
                      A guy who defends punches by absorbing them is not going to last long.

Charlo can crack and is technically sound. He will lay the boom in a way that Lara wasn’t capable of.
                      Margarito had a 13 year career. Mayorga has been fighting for 15 years.

Some guys can just take a punch.

Comment

Working...
                      X