Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: How Errol Spence Jr. Became Everyone's Favorite Welterweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxinghero1 View Post
    I do like Spence but that is not a good argument for his defence.

Kell was coming off a loss

And Peterson was inactive for two years
    Everyone was singing praises for Brook's performance vs. GGG! Brook was one of the biggest, strongest, Welterweights in the game! When Spence Jr. beats him, he becomes a "tomato can." I criticized Brook for his defenses after beating Porter, but he was still highly praised until Spence bullied him.

Peterson beat Avanesyan in February 2017 for the WBA title. He fought Spence Jr. in January 2018. His long layoff was between Diaz and Avanesyan, not between Avanesyan and Spence Jr.! Both Brook and Peterson are both better Welterweight fighters than Jeff Horn!

Comment

Brook was still a top WW despite losing to GGG.

And actually Lamont was coming off an 11 month layoff (after beating Diaz and Avanesyan). Errol was coming off 8 months (after Brook).

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
        Brook was still a top WW despite losing to GGG.

And actually Lamont was coming off an 11 month layoff (after beating Diaz and Avanesyan). Errol was coming off 8 months (after Brook).

You are correct. I was mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          Everyone was singing praises for Brook's performance vs. GGG! Brook was one of the biggest, strongest, Welterweights in the game! When Spence Jr. beats him, he becomes a "tomato can." I criticized Brook for his defenses after beating Porter, but he was still highly praised until Spence bullied him.

Peterson beat Avanesyan in February 2017 for the WBA title. He fought Spence Jr. in January 2018. His long layoff was between Diaz and Avanesyan, not between Avanesyan and Spence Jr.! Both Brook and Peterson are both better Welterweight fighters than Jeff Horn!

Not everyone was giving praise to Kell after his loss to ggg. I was a KO that broke his orbital bone.

And Peterson just hasn't been the same after his KO loss to Matthysee. If Peterson could be more active then fighting once a year, I think he could be on a good track. but I just don't see that happening.

Comment

Not everyone was giving praise to Kell after his loss to ggg. I was a KO that broke his orbital bone.

And Peterson just hasn't been the same after his KO loss to Matthysee. If Peterson could be more active then fighting once a year, I think he could be on a good track. but I just don't see that happening.
            Not everyone, but I don't know of 2 fighters who have been praised more for losing than Kell Brook and Danny Jacobs!

Comment

Originally posted by BoZz View Post
              He's the fan boy's favorite fighter, hasn't beat one champion yet but fan boys still call him champ lol....his last fight was against some bum who's name we don't even know..how the fk can people support this rubbish?! spence and the charlo twins are frauds nothing more...3 dudes who talk big but their resume is stacked with c level opponents.
              Funny how I don’t see British Lymes rushingnon over the pond to get these hands you cite as rubbish. Oh and when they do they get dropped like the good little nannies they are

Comment

Originally posted by crisantonio917 View Post
                I guess Haymon has writers on the payroll now too...
                Everybody else does...bout time.

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
                Spence looks like he's the goods but he still has a lot to prove, anything people praise him for is solely based on the eye test and not on actual accomplishments against top level fighters, he's a very likeable kid though and has that kind of attitude that's been missing in boxing for a while now.

Crawford has done a lot more imo and beat better fighters in 3 weight classes so I rate him higher but if they were to fight and I had a gun to my head I'd pick Crawford by a very hard fought decision.
                NOBODY argues that Spence's win over Brook, in the UK, is more impressive than any win on Crawford's resume.

You idiots will make up anything. I have to stop responding to posters like this.

Lamont Peterson was off for 11 months, and he won the WBA regular title in that fight. So Peterson gave up the belt you clowns are calling for Crawford to fight for, in order to fight Spence. So no, he wasn't inactive for 2 years.

And by that same token, Spence hadn't fought in 8 mos. when he and Lamont fought.

Comment

By using steroids lol

Comment

Not my fav welterweight.garcia is

Comment

Propaganda ! He beat his last no-name opponent by low blow. The ref must have given 5 mins to recover .

Comment

Working...
                      X