Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beginner - would love feedback on my technique.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginner - would love feedback on my technique.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Much appreciated.

Delete thread.
    Last edited by NateHound; 01-12-2016, 08:21 PM.

You need to get a trainer to teach u the proper way to do things, the biggest problem I saw was balance, your legs crossed a number of times while trying to show ur footwork which id a no no, the right hand is telegraphed and ur chin was sometimes not correctly tucked while throwing the jab.

Comment

Get a coach first. I don't even feel comfortable critiquing you. Lol.

Comment

Get a coach!

Work on defense
        How to throw correct jabs
        How to pivot correctly
        How not to telegraph while punching your hooks.
        Balance.
        Footwork
        Snapping punches
        Pull your left correctly back at your chin

Comment

I noticed the crossing of the feet too, and you paw with your jab a lot. Throw it with some intent.

Comment

You stand too tall at times..locking your knees. Your jab has no authority. You have inefficient movement. Case in point, If you are gonna slide a 180 around the side of the bag, do it for a reason. Boxing is about efficiency. Don't expend energy you don't have to. You look unsure with your right... that just comes down to more practice to gel muscle memory. Your hooks need to have more of your frame in them. They are lacking in structure. My suggestion for home training is limit yourself to only a quarter turn around the bag per every ten seconds or so. This will keep your feet from tangling up. only attempt flashier footwork once you get down the basics. Also, punch when you transition into a new position. Its sort of loosey goosey reflex bag setup.. but You can also step into the bag and follow up with shots by TRACKING the movement of the bag. You could throw a 5 punch combination on that bag by stepping into it. 1,2..1/2 step..1,2.. quarter turn pivot. And 3. Work on landing more than one shot at a time per pendulum swing of that bag.. that will help develop fluidity and speed.

You DO need hands on tutelage though. One can only instruct so far by proxy.

Comment

Originally posted by NateHound View Post
              Thanks for the feedback guys! Much appreciated.

Delete thread.
              No need for that.

Everybody gotta start somewhere. Number one rule don't get discouraged. No need to take your footage down.. I been meaning to say something on it for a few days now so it's a lucky thing I remembered the tape.

Comment

Working...
              X