Things to be thankful for

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things to be thankful for

this Holiday season.

My hubby's friend/coworker's son was hit by a car on Sunday night. Today we got the final lowdown on how he is.

He's 13 and was hit by a 17 year old driver. Who is at fault has yet to be determined although there was one witness who said the driver was speeding, yet there is no evidence to support it at this point.

He has two broken legs, the left tibia and the right femur. His head and face look pretty bad from hitting the windshield, but he was wearing his helmet. Thank God. He's in good spirits and apparently has a high tolerance for pain and isn't taking anything for it. Wow. I'd take the pain killers.

I am thankful that he is going to be okay. I'm thankful that my dad, who was nearly hit by a car on Sunday himself, was not actually hit. I am thankful that hubby's coworker can get back to work now, as he's missing out on all the OT and the company is paying GOOD. The money is needed for what isn't covered by insurance.

Love your families and hold them tight this weekend. You never know what may befall us.

I'm on my way to go get a goody bag for the kid who is stuck in a wheelchair for the next two months. That's gotta suck bigtime!

Amen MCM...

Comment

I'm thankful this holiday season is almost over and I can go back to being mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Curly Howard
        I'm thankful this holiday season is almost over and I can go back to being mean.

Comment

except to you

Comment

except to you

Awww...I feel special now.

Comment

My teachers said I was special. They even sent me to a special class.

Comment

My teachers said I was special. They even sent me to a special class.

I was the teacher's pet. :tongue5:

Comment

Working...
                X