Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz's Manager: No One Has Contacted Us On Usyk Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
    Why is Ortiz or his team being criticized here? They were asked about Team Usyk mentioning him as a future opponent and they responded accordingly. Why would Ortiz be pursuing Usyk? Especially when it looks as if a clash with Joe Joyce is next.
    I was feeling the same way. Ortiz and his manager are asked a question, they respond. No harm, no foul. Why not tell the truth? Usyk and his team are mentioning Ortiz as a potential opponent, Ortiz and his team know nothing about it. By the way, also agree that Usyk needs some fights against lesser HWs before coming to challenge Ortiz.

If Joyce is next, that is a decent step up from the scrubs Ortiz has been forced to fight since his loss to Wilder. I still want to see a Miller scrap since I am sure Joshua is not actually fighting him next. But Joyce is at least a legit fighter who needs to build his own rep, even if I think Ortiz is too big of a leap for him.

Comment

Ortiz's management are a disgrace! They want to be spoonfed

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
        Bull****

AJ has fought good opponents. It was Wilder who feasted on scrubs for a DECADE
        Why doesn't AJ fight Ortiz? My point was that using the excuse that Ortiz is not a draw doesn't hold water, considering some of AJ's past opponents. Also that AJ isn't seeking out the most challenging opponents. Ortiz is right there in front of him. Maybe in 2 or 3 years he will fight him when Ortiz is well into his 40's. That fits I guess since AJ's best two wins are guys that were 39 and 41.

Comment

Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
          Why doesn't AJ fight Ortiz? My point was that using the excuse that Ortiz is not a draw doesn't hold water, considering some of AJ's past opponents. Also that AJ isn't seeking out the most challenging opponents. Ortiz is right there in front of him. Maybe in 2 or 3 years he will fight him when Ortiz is well into his 40's. That fits I guess since AJ's best two wins are guys that were 39 and 41.
          Because he's got 3 belts to make mandatories of lol

He's not going to give Ortiz a free fight for no reason except a dozen people online want to see it

Ortiz was in line for an AJ shot but decided to go and get ktfo by Wilder instead

Comment

Working...
          X