Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder “I Want To Sign My Little Brother And Fight Him”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was part of the storyline in EA's Fight Night Champion video game and it really made you emoptionally invested in the game. Wilder is doing the same. Good for him. I hope he does fight his brother, though.

Comment

What a dosser!

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
        Yeah dude, I just don't see the motivation.

I don't know if you are aware of this but Pro Wrestling got the core of their gimmick from boxing. Yes, by the time Ali came around boxing was being influenced by the characters wrestling was bringing to the table. I don't mean to dispute the well known anecdote about Ali being inspired by Gorgeous George, but the act of putting on a performance while selling a fight is 100% boxing's advent. Wrestling just took one of the more market friendly aspects of boxing and made it their centerpiece.

Boxing has not been sacred since the Romans went Christian.** If you've never I urge you to read about the bare knuckle era. Pick anytime frame, they are all dirty from Figg until Queensberry and sanctioning bodies...and even now the reason I'm suspicious of brotherly motivations to fight is because perfect strangers put on dubious fights and sanctioning bodies seem mirror the organized crime they were meant to replace....so yeah maybe it's best to say just less corrupt after the bodies.

The dirtiest, if you want to just shoot for some real bastard stories, I reckon are Jem Ward, maybe the Mendoza-Cribb era, and definitely Yankee Sullivan, Lily-Mccoy, Tom Hyer, John Morrisey, and Bill Poole...loads of names but it's just one greasy story.

I am curious, if I look in your history of posts will I find a time when you yourself have claimed a fight you've watched was more of a glorified sparring match than a fight or some such similar? Forgive me, I probably missed the mark. It seems absurd to need to explain boxing invented fake fights to a boxing fan....surely I've misunderstood and droned on needlessly?

I don't have any notes on any brothers fighting currently, but I am a big fan of history and wouldn't mind telling you about what I find if you're actually interested and not just using it as a vehicle to argue.

I have connections with just about every reputable historical boxing organization/society. IBRO, IBHOF, CBZ, and Boxrec. I'm sure someone has a pretty complete answer waiting for us but those fellas tend to work from files so if you are actually interested I'd need a means to send you PDFs because OCR'ing the text into the forum for an argument some such similar nonsense just isn't worth my time. It's a considerable effort transcribe or edit an OCR of these things and I'm current working on CAC "Thunderbolt" Smith's newspaper fights.

If your main interest is an argument, bud, I don't feel that strongly.

** There was one well know fixer in the ancient days during the Pagan rite eras of boxing. A rich fella who paid his opponents to lay down for him all the way through Olympia. The hellano***ai found out and forced him to pay for statues of Zeus to be made(12 I think) with an inscription that said something to the effect of so and so is a dirty cheater and may the gods hate him forever. I forget his name but if you are interested I could retrieve it pretty quickly.

silly censor; hellano di kai
        I understand fixed fights have happened so I'm not sure where you are even going with that whole angle thats provable with what we are talking about.

So I'm just not sure what that has to do with brother vs brother fights. Have they shown themselves to be fights that are more fixed then the average fight? Is that what you are saying without saying directly?

Usually when I've heard of brother vs brother fights I usually hear of them going to hard vs too soft I know that much. And if a brother vs brother fight did happen between the Klitschko's back in the day or the Charlo's one day ahead of us & they fixed the fight or didn't take it seriously then that'd just impact their career negatively I'd assume so idk if that would be worth the trouble for the payday.

So again if there is some vast history of comedic, non-serious &/or fixed brother vs brother fights I'm super curious to hear about it, but up til today I don't recall anything anymore sketchy happening in those types of fights vs non-brother fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
          Growing up he stole pulled pork off you plate when you wasn't looking.

Trust me the boy got it coming he need a good whooping.
          Lmfaoooooo. I'm dying

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            I understand fixed fights have happened so I'm not sure where you are even going with that whole angle thats provable with what we are talking about.

So I'm just not sure what that has to do with brother vs brother fights. Have they shown themselves to be fights that are more fixed then the average fight? Is that what you are saying without saying directly?

Usually when I've heard of brother vs brother fights I usually hear of them going to hard vs too soft I know that much. And if a brother vs brother fight did happen between the Klitschko's back in the day or the Charlo's one day ahead of us & they fixed the fight or didn't take it seriously then that'd just impact their career negatively I'd assume so idk if that would be worth the trouble for the payday.

So again if there is some vast history of comedic, non-serious &/or fixed brother vs brother fights I'm super curious to hear about it, but up til today I don't recall anything anymore sketchy happening in those types of fights vs non-brother fights.
            Because you said it's boxing as the sole motivator for them to actually fight rather then just WWE it. My response is basically boxing invented WWE. It being boxing is no way a sure motivator. It being boxing is why you should be skeptical in the first place.

I've put in some requests with some folk at the IRBO. If they have anything I'm sure they'll get back to me inside a month. The IRBO is kind of slow going but given the K2 era just past I'm sure one of them got curious and did some digging into the history of brother vs brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
              Because you said it's boxing as the sole motivator for them to actually fight rather then just WWE it. My response is basically boxing invented WWE. It being boxing is no way a sure motivator. It being boxing is why you should be skeptical in the first place.
              But what I don't get is why I should be anymore skeptical about brothers fighting vs non-brothers? I've seen no history of brothers going WWE in the ring. And like I said I've usually heard of guys who are related sparring each other too hard & I've seen several best friend fights over the years, which might be a similar makeup a relationship as brothers, & I've seen mfers blast their boys into space. Simon Brown f#cking up Maurice Blocker's day always come to mind when I think about that.

I've put in some requests with some folk at the IRBO. If they have anything I'm sure they'll get back to me inside a month. The IRBO is kind of slow going but given the K2 era just past I'm sure one of them got curious and did some digging into the history of brother vs brother.
              Fair play I'm legit curious about this so I'll be interested in the answer.

I found this recently & threw it in a thread about this same subject. These brothers definitely didn't go WWE. And anyone interesting in a good solid fight, brothers or nah, this is worth a watch.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...php?p=19179300

Comment

Working...
              X