Collapse
No announcement yet.

A lot of people need to rewatch the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amazing how the floyd stans are ignoring the 200 plus punches landed, also they are giving floyd rounds for his nothing hits, he landed very little effective hits, mostly potshotting and jabbing is nothing

maidana won, the people know it, keep up the twisting though

Comment

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
      Yup. People were scoring Maidana bull rushes to the ropes.
      Oh, you mean Maidana's work to the body? I forgot that wasn't scoring criteria.

Comment

I wasn't keeping a scorecard, but I didn't see Maidana landing anywhere enough to take any rounds in the second half of the fight.

People were scoring based on wants and hopes. Rushing around and throwing doesn't score any points.

Maidana used a ton of energy the first 4-5 rounds, wasn't able to keep up that bat-out-of-hell attack for the full 12.

Maidana did a great, great job, but he definitely didn't appear to win the fight.

Comment

I give Maidana credit, but I give him credit for following Garcia gameplan. Garcia told him to be dirty in like round 8. They took Oscar game plan which is to corner him in the ropes and just rough Mayweather up and hope they win in a decision

And guess what

One of those judges had Oscar winning the fight too

6-12 May moved the fight to the middle of the ring and he clearly won so to say that's not true is basically saying Maidana won in the middle of the ring and it shows how ignorant you are

Comment

Post Presser Maidana face

Maidana's face showed signs of a fight at the post-presser !

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
              Physical evidence holds some weight, but it's not everything. Floyd's face was more bruised up against Cotto, than it was Maidana. But Maidana fought the better fight with his aggression.
              Maidana threw more punches but landed about similar amount to Mayweather based on compubox. The big factor when scoring is the effect of those punches. To me you could clearly see all of Maidana's punches were thrown with bad intentions, Mayweather's on the other hand were weak. Maidana also landed very heavy to the body.

This isn't amateur boxing where you score points everytime you land no matter how ineffective.

The physical evidence on Mayweather's face and Maidana's face just reinforced what I saw in that fight, Maidana beat Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by lacson View Post
                Maidana threw more punches but landed about similar amount to Mayweather based on compubox. The big factor when scoring is the effect of those punches. To me you could clearly see all of Maidana's punches were thrown with bad intentions, Mayweather's on the other hand were weak. Maidana also landed very heavy to the body.

This isn't amateur boxing where you score points everytime you land no matter how ineffective.

The physical evidence on Mayweather's face and Maidana's face just reinforced what I saw in that fight, Maidana beat Mayweather.
                whoa whoa whoa, careful now, you're trekking into dangerous waters

everyone knows body punches dont count on floyd

and every punch mayweather throws, lands, this is just the law

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  Brandy how are you feeling today? You alright? Floyd just struggled with C level Marcos Maidana wasn't this suppose to be easy work? He's gonna knock Chino out?

Then Floyd barely beats him and looked horrible. What happened?

"Distracted"
                  "Changed religion"
                  "Miss Jackson broke his heart"
                  "Gloves"
                  "PEDs"
                  "Alex Ariza"

Which one Brandy?

He fought a good fighter with a great gameplan. What's wrong with you? Do you understand how fights work. If Floyd doesn't blow someone out 12-0 he gets bashed. Hell when he DOES blow someone out 12-0 he gets bashed lol

Comment

It was a close fight. Floyd didn't do much either. He started making statements in the second half. It wasn't a hard fight for maidana too. Erik morales was way harder as I can remember, and that guy was super past prime. Floyd could've done much better but he didn't. You can't blame the fans. Could've really gone either way. Stop the damage control.

Comment

116-112 floyd..8rds to 4rds.. Floyd landed flush shots, chino landed alot of grazing shots

Comment

Working...
                      X