Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today is Draw Mohammed Day. Pakistan bans Facebook.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

When you're mocking someones religious beliefs you should be prepared for the reaction whatever it may be.

The purpose of this exercise is to antagonize and ridicule. If you don't want to get stung, don't stick your hand in a hornets nest.

Why would anyone want to engage in this kind of thing? Why can't you let the sacred remain sacred?

What are these people trying to prove exactly?
    Why should religious belief have special privileges? Killing people because of blasphemey has no place in a modern world.
    I guess they should kill anyone who dares to eat pork?

Religious people have their religion, which they follow. It shouldnt cross over into what the non-religious do.

I agree that it comes across as pure ridicule and antagonism, but the purpose is to expose how insane it is to receive death threats over a cartoon.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
      Why should religious belief have special privileges? Killing people because of blasphemey has no place in a modern world.
      I guess they should kill anyone who dares to eat pork?

Religious people have their religion, which they follow. It shouldnt cross over into what the non-religious do.

I agree that it comes across as pure ridicule and antagonism, but the purpose is to expose how insane it is to receive death threats over a cartoon.
      The misconception is that Muslims are actually killing people over eating pork.

Nobody is forcing you to be a Muslim or to behave like one. They are asking that you respect their religion.

Whats it to you to try and prove a point over some isolated incident, which to be honest seems like something that originated in the West.

I mean, who are these groups claiming to want to kill over a cartoon?

Are they controlled opposition like the groups you see in London?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
        The misconception is that Muslims are actually killing people over eating pork.

Nobody is forcing you to be a Muslim or to behave like one. They are asking that you respect their religion.

Whats it to you to try and prove a point over some isolated incident, which to be honest seems like something that originated in the West.

I mean, who are these groups claiming to want to kill over a cartoon?

Are they controlled opposition like the groups you see in London?

I would say they are trying to force non-Muslims into behaving like muslims when they send death threats to people showing Mohammed as a cartoon.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
          I would say they are trying to force non-Muslims into behaving like muslims when they send death threats to people showing Mohammed as a cartoon.
          I'm still trying to figure out who was behind that.

I really am. Nobody seems to know fore sure.

Comment

Like i said, i dont think their religion does state that its prohibited. And the offence is actually due to how the use of images can encourage idolatry.

Like u said, they have the right to be offended. But death threats caused this draw Mohammed Day to start.

Its a fair point that very few of these extremist Muslims have threatened anyone. Yet people have been killed.

Comment

Originated in the West?

When Salman Rushdi published Satanic Verses, the Middle East pretty much rioted over this. I don't think these trouble makers are just living in Europe. I believe there is still a price on Salman's head. Though it's been about 20 years since that incident.

Comment

I have to comment on this BS .....

In the US, Nothing is respected and just because the people of the US have no respect for their religion, doesn't mean other cultures share that mentality. Some cultures hold their religious figures in high esteem and they should be respected for that.

In the US, people are always screaming for respect from other governments, cultures and other outside en******. But, the minute another culture requests that same respect ... it is trampled on and ignored.

It exposes the hypocrisy of the US, and some of its citizens - How can people of the US totally disrespect another culture and its beliefs, while at the same time demanding respect from those same cultures.

I'm totally against the disrespect {In any form} of ISLAM and its Patriarchs. And hope\wish those who disrespect Islam to be punished severely as a life lesson.

I say kill them all!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post

I'm totally against the disrespect {In any form} of ISLAM and its Patriarchs. And hope\wish those who disrespect Islam to be punished severely as a life lesson.

I like your thinly veiled sarcasm.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                    I have to comment on this BS .....

In the US, Nothing is respected and just because the people of the US have no respect for their religion, doesn't mean other cultures share that mentality. Some cultures hold their religious figures in high esteem and they should be respected for that.

In the US, people are always screaming for respect from other governments, cultures and other outside en******. But, the minute another culture requests that same respect ... it is trampled on and ignored.

It exposes the hypocrisy of the US, and some of its citizens - How can people of the US totally disrespect another culture and its beliefs, while at the same time demanding respect from those same cultures.

How is it so insulting to draw a picture of Mohammed when he has been depicted in Islamic art throughout the ages?

Comment

There's the big hunk. Drew him with my color pencil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Working...
                      X