No announcement yet.

Charles Burley vs Roy Jones JR

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
    Without disrespect to Jones, I do think that Burley is a nightmare for Roy, and I think he would knock Roy out,...... There's no way for Roy to prepare for Burley, his style is totally absent today,.... his art is lost. From the film I saw on Charley, it points out Burley's stance, with his body leaning back and away, very much like Sandy Saddler, is the perfect one for the ring. Burley only left one open target. To initiate an attack on him is fraught with danger, he is the perfect counter-puncher, with at least 3 different targets opening up to him. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Then there's the other part to his game, he, like Robinson was not just a counter puncher with a big punch and brilliant combinations, but also a master at going on to the attack, Burley could go from defensive counter-puncher, to the fighter who can initiate first,...... take the initiative.................................. The other reason I pick Burley in this fight, is that he fought oh,...... at least 10 times as many good to great fighters...... the resume is just of a better quality....... It is Jones stepping up in class,..... not Burley.

And vice versa. How would Burley prepare for Jones style?

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
      And vice versa. How would Burley prepare for Jones style?
      I think his vast experience would do it...... they had more variety then.

Comment

Working...
      X