No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Salido Leans Away From Lomachenko, Moves in New Direction

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gillie View Post
    Agreed except for the part about wanting to see the Vargas rematch more. I want Lomachenko to fight and beat the best version of Salido and if he gets him after another war with Vargas, this may no longer be the case.
    Salido walked through hell for 36 rounds over these last 3 fights, and is 36y/o now. No way is he the "best version" now, or even the same guy that fought Loma.
    Loma getting revenge does nothing for me because I already feel he's become the better fighter. Much better. I understand why Loma fans want it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
      Not crazy about Lomo/Salido, I don't see Lomo having trouble with him this time around. Rather have Lomo/Vargas and Salido/Miura.
      True but..but..LOMA NEEDS HIS SHOT AT REDEMPTION

In the future, when Loma becomes an ATG, his racially motivated haters will overlook his achievements and point at that one loss to ¨c level¨ Salido, that he didn't try to avenge

they did it with Wlad all the time, they will do it with Loma.

Rematch needs to happen

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
      Your wit puts Shakespeare to shame.
      That's good to know, specially considering I'm not supposed to be witty, because english is not my native language and everything I know is self taught.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
        10 bucks says Kigali or one of the other ******s in his clique will interpret this as Loma ducking Salido lol
        That's what you'd call it he where American.

Comment

If the winners between Vargas-Berchelt and Miura-Roman do fight each other, then Salido won't get the chance to fight them until at least late next year.
          Even if Salido losses the rematch to Loma I think people would still want to watch Salido fight any of those other four guys (Vargas, Berchelt, Miura, Roman). So this doesn't make sense.
          And who knows Loma and Salido may have to do it a third time. It just seems like taking the Loma fight makes sense right now. It just seems like there is more opportunities to go in that direction. What is he going to do while the other four guys fight each other, if that indeed is what will happen, fight in Mexico for much less?

I think Arum and Klimas should over Salido really good money, but lets be honest Salido will not get more money anywhere else.

Salido and his team know they were allowed to get away with anything they wanted in that first fight. They didn't want Lomachenko to win that first fight.
          I heard something interesting behind the scenes stories regarding that first fight.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
            True but..but..LOMA NEEDS HIS SHOT AT REDEMPTION

In the future, when Loma becomes an ATG, his racially motivated haters will overlook his achievements and point at that one loss to ¨c level¨ Salido, that he didn't try to avenge

they did it with Wlad all the time, they will do it with Loma.

Rematch needs to happen

That's good to know, specially considering I'm not supposed to be witty, because english is not my native language and everything I know is self taught.
            That's exactly what you are....a racially motivated hater...you're just too much of a coward to admit it.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Salido walked through hell for 36 rounds over these last 3 fights, and is 36y/o now. No way is he the "best version" now, or even the same guy that fought Loma.
              Loma getting revenge does nothing for me because I already feel he's become the better fighter. Much better. I understand why Loma fans want it though.
              So when was Salido's absolute prime in your estimation? Around the time he beat Juanma or thereabouts?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                Now that I think about it he certainly isn't in his prime but he looks pretty good for a guy who has gone through the types of wars that he has.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                  Salido hasn't been his 'best' for along time now. He's well past his best already, so it doesn't matter if they fought now or after Vargas, he's still very declined from the fighter he was years ago.
                  Yeah. You are the second person that has pointed that out to me. So essentially, you don't think he was in his prime the first time they fought?

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
                    1 Racially motivated haters??? WTH you talking about

2 Salido ain't C level, the dude has no skillz but has the heart of 100 boxers, is a tough as nails veteran and he would give anyone a hard fight.

3 Agreed, Loma needs his shot at redemption but he better tell greedy Arum to pay well, otherwise he won't get no shot.

Comment

Yeah, this is a duck. Nobody wants to see Salido-Vargas.

Loma-Salido is a much more impactful fight that can define legacies. Salido's probably never gonna give Loma a rematch and gonna walk around saying 'well I beat a guy on a p4p list'.

Lame.

Comment

Working...
                      X