No announcement yet.

Conniving Loeffler on Oscars Flat fee demand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryusa View Post
    I honestly think GGG should take whatever deal that gets Canelo in the damn ring..win that fight and then he can call the shots..As of right now Canelo doesnt have to fight him now or ever if he doesnt want to..
    Of course, knowing how prideful and egotistical Abel is, and Loeffler, it's without a doubt that K2 doesn't want to acknowledge A side demands. If it's in regards to PPV prestige, the convo is ridiculous to think what K2 demands. This is why it's very practical for Loeffler to not disclose deals because it doesn't benefit GBP nor do they want to publicize what GBP says they're worth...

As Larry said, the pride from K2 and the help from HBO affiliates, Loeffler doesn't mind coasting the spotlight. Ironically, Alvarez doesn't get the pass to do so, even though boxing fans can compare resumes ....

Comment

Golovkin just being hoodwinked by oscar

Comment

flatfee alone doesnt mean anything.

it could be a good deal if its high enough. but same with oscar talking flat fee on a fight for fall 2017 they plan on ducking again, its stupid. you can do it either way, split or flat fee and reach the same outcome besides the differences in risk. But their PPV estimate will get them in the ballpark so the risk isnt huge and you can get the same outcome either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          what do you mean getting any share on the PPV? If Golovkin gets a massive fee on the front end, with Alvarez getting his own pay on the back-end, what is the share actually?

People **** on it, but it's no different than with the Mayweather offer to Pacquiao; rather than deal with the promotional BS, here's your pay on the front end, I'll bare the risk on the fight, and make my own money on the back-end.

$40m to Pacquiao, plus the costs of putting on/promoting the event, likely has the costs of the event near $55m. Assume a $15m proceed on the gate, and Floyd would still be looking at needing to generate ~$80m on PPV to cover the cost; depending on how agressively the event were priced, Floyd would need the event to generate 1.25m PPV buys before he saw a penny. Floyd would basically need to match the Oscar De La Hoya PPV buyrate to get his own $40m on the fight.

85/15, if everyone is being honest about it, would likely be the "split" on Alvarez-Golovkin; K2 simply needs to do their due diligence, project out the possible net proceeds on the fight as best as they can, and then work for a pay package worth 15% of that net number.

a package worth $4m/$5m (with upside on the various parts) would be more than equitable.
          very good assessment. More importantly, if both bring their A game come fight night, and it becomes fight of the year as world shocker DRAW or Alvarez wins a split...crowd and fans go wild with 50/50 undecided..all hell breaks loose and we've got Alvarez vs Lil'G 2 which makes even more money....

Loeffler, you listening?

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
            700k is too high a number, as it implies that Canelo can do 700k on his own, therefore all that money is his. I do not believe he can draw 700k buys on his own

I would say the upside should kick in at whatever number Canelo-Smith does, because that is a more accurate measure of how many buys Canelo can do on his own.......
            Alvarez-Khan, according to folks who have now decided to accept a promoter's word as gospel, did 600k PPV buys, for a fight that the boxing public here wholeheartedly deemed a mismatch not worth watching.

Simply assume 100k for the general buzz behind "omg, Alvarez and Golovkin are fighting", and I view 700k as a rather decent place to mark where Golovkin would bring additional value to the show.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
              Of course tom wants that check. He doesn't mind getting bent over for it

That's why he's the luggage boy

Good post.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                flatfee alone doesnt mean anything.

it could be a good deal if its high enough. but same with oscar talking flat fee on a fight for fall 2017 they plan on ducking again, its stupid. you can do it either way, split or flat fee and reach the same outcome besides the differences in risk. But their PPV estimate will get them in the ballpark so the risk isnt huge and you can get the same outcome either way.
                Oscar seems like he is trying to negotiate in good faith. I don't know about team gg

Comment

He accepted a flat fee for Brook.

Sith (Huntington Beach, CA) [via mobile]

Have they released the purses for the two fighters tomorrow? Does GGG get a piece of the U.K. PPV? I'm hearing maybe $1M buys.
                  Dan Rafael, King Fight Freak (12:10 PM)

GGG gets nothing off the PPV, according to Hearn. They are paying him a fee plus he gets the US TV money.

http://www.espn.com/sportsnation/cha...ith-dan-rafael

Comment

Working...
                  X